Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Fabrication Utility Worker- 3rd Shift
Eaton’s Power Delivery Division is seeking a Fabrication Utility worker-3rd shift. This role is at Badger Drive Facility, Waukesha, WI.
To ensure a consistent and timely production of parts through the various work centers in the Fabrication Dept. Directs and enables the flow of work through the department. Fills in on machines as needed. Assumes a leadership role within the assigned area of responsibility. Works from Process Control Sheets, Engineering blueprints, Work Orders, and Product Quality Guidelines. Receives general instructions with limited supervision. Expedites material, tooling and equipment requested. Substituting for other employees when needed.
- Fill in on any machines during peak production times or in the absence of the regular operator.
- Assumes a leadership role in working with Manufacturing Engineering and Product Engineering Departments in the startup of new equipment, and the fabrication of special, new or prototype products.
- Responsible for the continued improvement of work practices and procedures in all areas, by resolving fabrication or quality problems. Reports and assists supervision in correcting engineering and material problems. Above average safety awareness must be maintained.
- Aids supervision in controlling production flow to the various machines to insure material arrives at the next work station in a timely manner. Makes work assignments for employees to insure this happens. May schedule work in the absence of the supervisor.
- Inspects completed parts and assists employees in maintaining standards and procedures expected in fabrication of products. Must be knowledgeable of requirements of Production Quality Guidelines.
- Assists supervision in the training of new employees and the introduction of new procedures and equipment to established employees.
- Lift weights up to 40 lbs. with assistance when required.
- Will need to climb ladders up to 6ft.tall. Exposure to oil and shop dirt.
- Works in close proximity of hazardous chemicals and is exposed to heat and moving equipment.
- Position may require movement from one station to another. Operators may be required to work hours that do not coincide with normal shifts due to equipment cycle times.
- Must have completed High School Diploma/GED from an accredited institution.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Relocation benefits not included. Only candidates living within 50 miles of Waukesha WI will be considered
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (Not Required):
- 1 year of experience working in a fabrication working environment
- 1 year of leadership experience
- 1 year of experience reading plant specifications, drawings, blueprints, process sheets, Microsoft Office, etc.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No