Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Manage department operations and prioritize production requirements.
Facilitate shift activity among other department supervisors.
Review daily in-process inventory reports to determine and assign machining priorities.
Assign daily work schedules for direct and indirect labor - employees.
Monitor and provide coaching follow-up for employees performance regarding safety, quality and productivity.
Monitor machinery, equipment and facility and initiate maintenance work orders, as required, to ensure efficient, effective and safe working conditions.
Coordinate and maintain associate clerical files regarding attendance, overtime equalization, vacation, training and time-off requests.
Manage department expense budgets.
Conduct daily department meetings with employee and team leads regarding communications, department and plant concerns, and policy interpretation.
Provide training resources within the department for training new employees.
Initiate and coordinate the job bidding process and determine eligibility of employees.
Evaluate and manage personnel requirements to support the needs of the business and optimize cost.
Create and maintain working relationships with employees initiating employee engagement.
Initiate and coordinate assistance as required from support departments.
Interpret and consistently apply all company safety policies and procedures.
Lead cross functional improvement teams to improve processes and meet plant objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a Manufacturing or Operations environment.
- Minimum 1 year of direct supervisory experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position; candidates must reside within a 50 mile radius in order to be considered
- 3+ years of Manufacturing or Operations experience
- Prior experience in a scheduling function
- Prior machining or assembly experience a plus
- Working knowledge of Lean/Six Sigma Methodologies
- Previous experience using SAP
- Managerial skills, the ability to train and motivate a group of employees towards a common goal, must have team building as the ultimate goal.
- Advanced communication skills required for interaction with all levels of plant associates.
- Demonstrated ability to lead change.
- Understanding of financial practices and financial statements as they relate to manufacturing.
- Broad technical knowledge in the areas of manufacturing processes, quality assurance, plant engineering, production/materials planning, SPC, problem solving methods, root cause analysis and systems applications.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD UL Bussmann
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No