Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Firmware Engineer - Linux
- Engages in development, design and testing of platforms using programming language like C++ on Single Board Computer (SBC) with Linux OS
- Suggest and develop re-usable components and looks for continuous improvement opportunities in Electrical Lighting products. Share knowledge within the team and demonstrates flexibility working in parallel on multiple assignments/product categories
- Develops an understanding of both technology and product concepts and is able to articulate product and software design . Ensures quality of delivery in accordance with the plan adhering to the standard practices used in agile/waterfall model.
- Participate in solution and code reviews with team members for modules/tasks and ensuring that best practices and efficient coding standards are adhered to.
- Responsible for supporting, maintaining, and troubleshooting of the applications
- Ensures compliance with CMMI ML3 process and agile ceremonies/work products, Management standards and guidelines
- Ensures new products meet our customer’s needs:
Incorporates support for the manufacturing, commissioning and ongoing maintenance of the product / system
Protects intellectual property through patent disclosures
Supports our team of global field commissioning engineers with technical challenges
Searches for technologies which would improve product performance, reduce development time or reduce cost
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science/Electronics from an accredited institution
• Relevant Experience of more than 7 years
• Experience with Altassian software like Confluence, JIRA and Bamboo is preferable
• Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
• Skilled in writing specifications and end-user documentation
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time