Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Supplier Development Engineer
- Perform supplier capability assessments as related to quality systems, process controls, manufacturing capabilities, and lean maturity. Publish audit report outlining non-conformities, opportunities for improvement, and work closely with suppliers to plan / implement appropriate and timely corrective actions.
- Actively support supply chain cost-out projects in leading Advance Product Quality Planning (APQP) process with suppliers, manufacturing plants, and engineering for on-time PPAP submission approval.
- Further deploy Eaton quality processes, tools, and metrics within Filtration business. Includes identification, training, deployment, reporting, and continuous improvement of processes, tools, and metrics.
- Educate suppliers in Eaton supplier performance expectation per Eaton Supplier Excellence Manual (SEM). Train suppliers in the deployment of quality systems tools and techniques such as 8D problem solving, Process Capability Study, FMEA, Control Plan, MSA, PPAP, and Continuous Improvement in terms of material flow. Educate suppliers in Eaton internal processes to achieve optimal alignment with Eaton manufacturing plants, engineering centers, and supplier chain organization.
- Lead internal 8D problem solving team related to defective purchase components. Work closely with suppliers, Eaton manufacturing plant, engineering, and supply chain organization in root cause analysis and timely interim and permanent corrective actions implementation.
- Support and lead process improvement activities with suppliers which will lead to improved efficiency, cycle time reduction, quality & delivery improvement and cost reductions.
- Help plants / buyers in the proper use of WISPER application and timely resolution of data integrity issues
- Lead in publishing & communicating progress against SCM goals and facilitate improvements.
- Work as liaison between suppliers and internal functions/plants (Engineering, Plants, Operations, etc.) to clarify requirements, eliminate confusion, and improve definition of requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in quality, supplier quality and/or supplier development
- Minimum 2 years' experience in manufacturing
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation is being offered for this position. Only candidates residing within a 50 mile radius of the Eden Prairie, MN facility will be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering from an accredited institution
- Masters of Science degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Supplier Development
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Project Management
- Minimum 7 years' experience in quality, supplier quality, and/or supplier development
- Certified Quality Auditor (CQA)
- Certified Quality Engineer (CQE)
- Six Sigma Greenbelt or Black-Belt
- Bilingual in English/Spanish
- Knowledge of quality systems, methods and practices; ISO/TS 16949, APQP, FMEA, Control Plan, MSA, and PPAP
- Knowledge and experience in manufacturing processes: Castings, Precision Machining, and Stamping
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work in teams
- Self-Starter with ability to drive improvement, meet timelines and objectives
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD FFD Fluid Filtration Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time