Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Territory Manager, Western Canada
The primary function of the Territory Manager is to increase the Market Share of Eaton products at Heavy Duty and Medium Duty truck Fleets and OEM dealers throughout the territory. This position will develop and implement business plans to achieve territory, region, and division sales objectives in an intensely competitive market in North America through managing the Western Canadian team objectives. The position also includes Territory Sales and Services Responsibilities for Southern Alberta.
- Direct face to face sales role calling on Truck Fleet end users & all Truck OEM Dealerships
- Truck Components sold include: Large Class 6-8 Manual Transmissions, Automated Electronic Transmissions, Clutches, Service Diagnostic Software, Lubricants, Greases, & Aftermarket products.
- Present to audiences of Sales & Service people both technical and non-technical (2-30 people)
- Sales and service Territory includes all of Southern Alberta and Southeast British Columbia.
- Role will require regular cycling through territory to create new business and to support growth in the product line with existing customers.
- Train Dealers & End users in use of Eaton products, services, & warranty procedures
- Will be responsible for regular completion of the following internal reports on customer activities:
- Report Sales Cycle activities: wins & losses, target product metrics, sales probabilities, barriers to sales efforts, accounts at risk, etc.
- Territory Monthly Report to update organization on business status & significant market trends, etc.
- Assess customer requirements and identify unique needs at targeted accounts.
- Design value propositions that drive year over year sales growth and focus on business sustainability
- Assist with the introduction of new products to ensure rapid product adoption rate
- Assure reliability, accuracy, and relevancy of data in Customer Relationship Management (
CIS II) system and Roadranger Warranty System (C360) by inputting data as required.
- Support Region Manager in developing sales, service training and marketing strategies to ensure territory alignment to strategies and enhance business acumen
- Manage and monitor policy costs, operating budget, and promotional claims within the territory
- Manage and develop territory employees in Western Canada; conduct performance evaluations, coaching, and counseling with focus on personal and career growth
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience working for a manufacturing or distribution company OR 4 years in a vehicle/heavy equipment customer support role.
- 5 years or more of heavy duty truck experience preferred
- Technical sales and service background preferred
- Experience working for an OEM is desired
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must possess strong presentation skills
- Ability to deliver technical product information to a less technical audience
- Must possess a depth of people skills to be able to speak with a diverse client base
- Ability to travel up to 75%
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: VEH NAT North America Truck
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time