Sr. Financial Manager, Middle East and Africa (Business Controller)
Eaton's Electrical Business has an opening for a:
Senior Financial Manager (Business Controller) MEA
Location: Dubai, UAE
Eaton’s Electrical Sector is a global leader with expertise in power distribution and circuit protection; backup power protection; control and automation; lighting and security; structural solutions and wiring devices; solutions for harsh and hazardous environments; and engineering services. Eaton is positioned through its global solutions to answer today’s most critical electrical power management challenges.
The Sr. Financial Manager (Business Controller) will play a major part in driving continuous improvements in order to increase profitability and maximize working capital investments. The position will directly provide full financial service to the business, ensuring clarity of business performance, KPIs, insightful reporting and performance analysis. It will be important for the person in the role to have strong leadership, communication and P&L management skills. Also ability to determine the appropriate financial control framework and apply/enforce it. Experience of Plant Finance skill will be an additional advantage. As a member of the Middle East Management Team, they will be part of the effort to achieve all operational targets. The candidate should have potential to grow in Company.
· Provide input and advice to business leaders on decisions and strategy
· Ensure sound judgment and financial priorities are being exercised
· Ad hoc projects as assigned by the Head of Finance, Middle East
· Direct and coordinate company financial planning and budget management functions.
· Establish and implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures
· Recommend benchmarks for measuring the financial and operating performance of divisions and departments.
· Provide daily , weekly and monthly financial performance reports as required by various divisions and Corporate
· Take ownership and manage to completion improvement projects and teams
· Preparation of all financial reports and analysis in accordance with Corporate Standards as well as Local regulations
· Responsible for ensuring strong financial controls including month-end checklists, balance sheet reconciliations, and all other analysis supporting appropriate financial accruals
· Management of overall Capital expenditure process
· Preparation of standard cost assumptions and management of all related transactions
· Full responsibility for all month end closing activities within the timeframes stipulated by EMEA Electrical Finance
· Responsible for achieving all working capital metrics including DOH, DSO, and DPO for the organization. This will entail overseeing the credit function, working with supply chain management on inventory controls, and also seeing that payment terms are appropriately reviewed and set with vendors.
· In charge of managing and completing all parts of the annual strategic and profit plan for the Middle East Region entailing the 4 major sub-regions: GCC, KSA, Levant, and Other (including Egypt).
· Ensure SAP is being leveraged accordingly to grow and control the business, especially as it relates to AP, AR, Inventory, Fixed Assets, and Costing.
· CPA / ACCA Preferred
· CIA / CMA or other globally recognized financial licenses or certifications is a plus
· 8 Years + of Finance and Accounting experience is essential
· Extensive Multi-national work experience preferred
· Strong Financial acumen in terms of GAAP
· Good communication skills, both written & verbal are essential.
What Eaton offers:
· Excellent working environment – safety and ethic is really important for us
· Eaton Business System offering various tools for management and people development
· Great promotional opportunities – Eaton encourages internal promotion, whenever possible
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Middle East
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time