Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Eaton’s Aerospace Division is seeking a Senior level Manufacturing Engineer to assist with Advanced Manufacturing Transitions within the Toccoa, GA facility.
Successfully facilitate the Transfer of Manufacturing Technology, Processes and Tools from Incumbent Manufacturing Sites (IMS) to Target Manufacturing Sites (TMS), Ensuring that ongoing production processes are robust and sustainable in order to meet Quality and Delivery Requirements according to Eaton’s Internal Requirements and those of AS9100, AIAG APQP, and Customer flow down.
Support continuous improvement in manufacturing processes. Support weekly cross functional Lean BOS and MRB meetings. Collect and analyze manufacturing data to improve safety, reduce costs, improve quality and increase product velocity. Develop new tools and processes to support the overall manufacturing strategy for the Toccoa Plant.
- Collect and analyze manufacturing data to drive continuous improvement in order to improve worker safety/ergonomics, reduce cost, increase efficiency and improve quality.
- Support weekly cross-functional Lean BOS meetings:
- Modify existing routers and bills as appropriate.
- Create operator TPM process.
- Reduce setup times and lead times.
- Improve product quality.
- Conduct time studies.
- Drive EHS improvements
- Develop capital plans in order to procure new equipment and tooling or modify existing equipment.
- Implement new manufacturing processes or manage transition of manufacturing processes to support the overall manufacturing strategy for the Toccoa plant.
- Lead NADCAP audits and ensure industry certification in the following processes:
- Heat Treat
- Chemical Processing
- Non-destructive Testing
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution required
- Minimum 3 years of Manufacturing Engineering experience
- No relocation is being offered for this position; candidates must reside within a 50 mile radius in order to be considered.
- This position requires the use of information or access to hardware which subject to international Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. - 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Prior experience in using lean manufacturing principles and/or Six Sigma methodology in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Six Sigma Black Belt certification a plus
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time