Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Electrical Design Engineer
- Participates in and contributes to the development and generation of product requirements specifications based on Voice of Customer (VOC) inputs
- Following the product spec, design and develop new and innovative products
- Employs appropriate DFSS tools during product development
- Create the appropriate technical documentation: Schematics, BOMs, DFMEA, Theory of Ops, etc.
- Develop and launch new products following the stage-gate process (i.e., PROLaunch)
- Work with internal and external design resources when appropriate (e.g. PCB layout, other engineers, software development, test laboratories)
- Develop test plans for design validation in accordance with industry standards and customer requirements
- Establish and maintain a collaborative working relationship with key customers and vendors
- Participate as the lead engineer for electronics in core product development team
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 3 or more years’ experience in product development.
- No Relocation- Candidates must currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the Tualatin, OR facility.
- No Sponsorship- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Keep abreast of new technologies and materials
- Good interpersonal skills, particularly with respect to written and oral communication
- Ability to operate with minimal supervision
- Authorized to work on ITAR products and information
- Strong communication skills- being able to orally communicate and prepare presentations for the manufacturing plant, to our customers, etc.
- Working through design reviews
- Leadership skills
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineer from an accredited Institution
- Electronic hardware design—power electronics, switch-mode power supplies, electrical transient protection schemes, design for EMC, etc.
- Electronic design tools: schematic capture, circuit and behavioral simulation (SPICE, Simplis, Ansys, Altium) PCB layout and design
- Experience with C, C++, C# programming and embedded programming
- Experience with Microchip, Atmel, ST, TI microprocessor families
- Experience with various software tools (C compilers, programming environments, programming stations, serial data networks).
- Understanding of commercial vehicle markets and the environmental requirements and related qualification testing required
- Working knowledge of automotive serial data protocols (CAN J1939, J1587, J1708, LIN).
- Creating and maintaining electronic documentation for manufacturing.
- Supporting manufacturing with part substitutions and other manufacturing concerns.
- Designing test and programming fixtures.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD TAM
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time