Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Position Overview :
Excel in the Mechanical Engineering function to design and develop Power Management products and related accessories for the transportation industry, which comply with customer specifications and applicable regulatory standards (SAE, UL, CE, ISO, etc.). Duties may also include leading engineering initiatives, supporting existing products, product derivative extensions by enhancing performance levels, reducing manufacturing & product costs, and implementing quality / reliability improvements.
Essential Responsibilities :
- Perform detailed mechanical part and assembly design of high power electronics, power distribution centers, and other power management products utilizing SolidWorks 3D CAD
- Create simulation models to predict structural, fatigue, vibration, thermal, and flow performance of new products in development using SolidWorks Simulation
- Conduct detailed analysis of tolerance stacks to ensure efficient assembly and reliable product performance
- Prepare for and participates in formal and informal design review activities
- Work closely with cross-functional team members in planning and executing project based activities
- Communicate project progress to project management and manage project risk appropriately
- Develop product test plans and work closely with technicians or outside lab resources to implement and review testing activities
- Interface with and provide technical support for customers, plant, quality, and supplier personnel
- Operate and design within transportation industry standards (SAE, ISO, MIL, & ISO TS16949)
- Work with and manage engineering team members in China and India to execute new product designs
- Learn and integrate Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance (GD&T), Design For Six Sigma tools and approaches, engineering simulation & modeling software, and phase-gate development processes for new products in development.
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited university.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in new product development.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without company sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Tualatin, OR will be considered.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university.
- Experience in SolidWorks is preferred, design experience in CAD required
- A good working knowledge and proficiency in computer simulation and modeling software (stress, thermal, dynamics, tolerance, etc.)
- Administer mechanical and electromechanical principles to identify and understand issues, and to generate design solutions for various product development challenges.
- Working experience in the design of injection molded plastics preferred
- Working experience in the design of die cast parts preferred
- Background in TS 16949 quality systems also preferred
- Ability to generate tests and test plans to sufficiently validate product designs required
- Experience managing test technicians a plus
- Project management knowledge and experience a plus
- Previous experience with machined parts, cold forming, gears and shafts, and bearings
- Knowledge of and experience with Oracle
- Experience working knowledge of various commodities, cost drivers, and manufacturing techniques
- Individual must be capable of writing technical documents such as UL procedures, test reports, and patent disclosures
- Must be team oriented, with excellent interpersonal skills and effective communication.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD TAM
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time