Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Production Supervisor Associate - 3rd Shift-Training development program
Eaton has an immediate opening for a Production Supervisor Associate- 3rd shift. This role is located at our Badger Drive Facility, Waukesha, WI.
This is a 6-24 month accelerated training development program. The program will include assignments in key functional areas including Environmental Health and Safety, Continuous Improvement, Materials, Quality, Human Resources, Plant Operations, Engineering / Maintenance, and Finance.
• Develop technical expertise and demonstrate understanding in each of Eaton’s functional areas
• Establish good people skills in accordance with Eaton’s Values and Philosophies.
• Prepare for progressive career growth
Following successful completion of the Production Supervisor Associate program, and maintain a min of Bachelor Degree, will be promoted into a full-time Production Supervisor position with Eaton when available.
- During the course of the rotational assignments, the Production Supervisor Associate will engage in the following activities:
- Proactively implement, promote and maintain a safe working environment, through diligence in accident prevention, investigation, equipment maintenance and Zero Incident culture enforcement.
- Gain an understanding of planning, initiating, leading, measuring, monitoring and assessing continuous improvement programs and manufacturing process improvements by applying appropriate Eaton Business System (EBS) processes and problem solving tools such as Standard Work and 5S.
- Learn to engage workforce and promote personal accountability by identifying goals, empowering employees to drive decision making, foster innovation and continuously learn by providing ongoing feedback on employee performance with formal evaluation provided at least annually.
- Gain understanding of setting, communicating and achieving department goals and objectives and develops and maintains performance metrics as required to monitor results and uses those results as a tool to identify and initiate process improvements within own work area.
- Learn to develop employees on the operation of equipment in the department, machine practices and inspection procedures.
- Learn to how to keep production costs to a minimum while producing quality products with minimal scrap.
- Continually review and revise production procedures to improve department.
- Establish and maintain acceptable work practices among employees.
- Create and maintain a safe working environment and implement good housekeeping standards for a clean department. Become familiar with line and staff functions, management viewpoints, and company policies and practices that affect each phase of business.
- Receive training in several functional departments such as Environmental Health and Safety, Materials, Quality, Continuous Improvement, Human Resources, Finance, Engineering/Maintenance, and Plant Operations.
- Become familiar with line and staff functions, management viewpoints, and company policies and practices that affect each phase of business.
- Coordinate and monitor production schedules to meet customer ship dates.
- Maintain effective communication with other supervisors to ensure efficient and flexible operations.
- Learn process for recruitment, selection, promotion, and counseling of employees.
- Gain understanding of work-in-process and Eaton’s Quality Policy and procedures.
- Acts as a strong advocate of Lean operating principles and database decision making such as Six Sigma and SPC
- Has departmental responsibility and provides departmental leadership across all his/her respective shift/s
- Distributes end of shift notes to manager and respective off-shift supervisors
- Bachelor from an accredited institution or currently enrolled in a 2-year or 4 year degree program actively pursue/complete 4-year degree within next 120 months
- Prior Team Lead experience required min. 6-months
- Must be able to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Relocation benefits not included. Only candidates living within 50 miles of Waukesha WI will be considered
- Relevant experience in shop operations such as machining, assembly, fabrication required as well as manufacturing systems such as Lean, Shop Floor Control, MRP, routings, BOMs , SPC, and ISO 9000
- Manufacturing experience 3 years
- Understanding of production scheduling and product flow
- Technical knowledge in the area of machinery, tools, gauging and metal fabrication
- Knowledge of continuous improvement processes 2 years
- Knowledge of Employment and Regulatory Federal and State Laws
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No