Senior Manufacturing Engineer
- Design, develop, implement, and improve safe and environmentally responsible manufacturing processes: Uses MESH (Eaton Environmental, Safety and Health process), and other Eaton and industry standard practices.
- In conjunction with site leadership and Continuous Improvement functions, drive lean conversion of shop floor operations.
- Designs processes to ensure that components and assemblies meet all internal and external customer quality specifications (Eaton Quality System, ISO, ATEX).
- Drive facility capability and capacity improvement through Value Stream Mapping (VSM) and other processes to support efficiency improvement and sales growth.
- Develop and execute capital plan to support capability, capacity and efficiency to develop new key plant processes in support of sales growth and product line diversification.
- Ensures processes are efficient in terms of capital intensity and human resources by implementing Eaton Lean Six Sigma tools
- Active membership of a High Performance Work Team (HPWT)/Focus Factory to support on-time delivery of customer orders through the manufacturing process excellence, including troubleshooting machine and tooling problems, supporting the DMR process for review and disposition of non-conforming materials, implementing continuous flow concepts, and training production employees to execute processes.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules and requirements, estimating future requirements
- Design equipment, gauging, and tooling utilizing solid modeling software and other engineering analysis and design tools. Work with suppliers and purchasing to procure equipment, tooling, and supplies as required. Specific equipment requirements include manual assembly, semi-automatic equipment, electrical testing, machining, milling and injection molding.
- Create and maintain PFMEAs, routers, equipment PMs, technique sheets, and equipment programs to ensure safety, quality, and cost targets are achieved.
- Mentor others in Manufacturing Engineering competencies, processes, and lean concepts.
- Work directly with manufacturing operators to troubleshoot and improve processes, including fabrication, assembly, measuring, and testing of products produced.
- Collect and analyze manufacturing data and metrics to aid in design and improvement of processes.
- Manage activities and budgets for manufacturing and process improvement projects, including the development of the project management requirements and all implementation documentation.
- Proficient at AIAG or equivalent tools for Measurement System Analysis, Capability Analysis, SPC and FMEA
- Provide support to launch projects through ProLaunch (Eaton new product introduction process) team as required to achieve a flawless launch.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a technical role supporting manufacturing operations
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship on an ongoing basis.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Master’s degree in Engineering or MBA from an accredited institution
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
- Experience in developing a business case and requesting capital for business improvements
- Experience in lean conversion of manufacturing process or operations
- Experience in lean conversion of a facility or entire operation
- Experience managing the capital spend of a large manufacturing organization
- SAP Experience
- Machine Shop/Machining Experience
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Equipment, tooling and fixture design and/or improvement with demonstrated results
- Experience using software solutions used by Eaton for MES, PDM, MRP (Proficy, ENOVIA, MFG/Pro)
- Demonstrated experience in project and time management, demonstrated organizational, and analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization including the High Performance Work Team (production associates and salaried support peers) and the Plant & Division Leadership Team
- Demonstrated leadership of Lean/Continuous Improvement/Six Sigma & Value Stream Mapping (VSM) projects
- Previous lean and/or six sigma certification, with demonstrated results
- Strong project and time management, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Innovation with documented invention disclosures leading to the possible application for US patents by corporate legal department
- Opportunity to gain exposure to and work with many teams from manufacturing operations, to new product development, to test engineering, etc.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time