Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
System QA Engineer
- Perform all aspects of automated testing
- Develop detailed testing approach and plans for specific test areas or overall plans for small to medium size projects
- Produce status reports and quality metrics
- Analyze defect data and manage overall defect resolution process
- Conduct test case reviews and ensure requirements traceability, proper coverage
- Design test cases and execute all types of testing (e.g. functional, integration, end-to-end) on all variety of platforms (e.g. web, portal frameworks)
- Assist project teams in determining appropriate quality goals and acceptance criteria
- Define validation plan of the xStorage system (Software and Material)
- Respect and promote Eaton quality process and tools (6sigma, etc…)
- Support Operation and Maintenance activities (may lead visible Root Cause Analysis)
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience in administering Linux (Debian would be a plus) and virtualization solutions (VMWare, HyperV)
- Education: Engineer, M.S. or equivalent
- Good knowledge and experience in:
- Test definition and implementation in order to validate a product (Storage system is an advantage)
- Quality Tools and Test Process (DFSS…)
- Programming languages to write small test script (Python, C++)
- Following specialties are nice to have:
- Other languages (shell, Perl, Python, …)
- Experience with contributing to OpenSource projects
- Experience with Continuous Integration
- Knowledge of HW development boards (eg. Raspberry Pi or equivalent ) appreciated
- Ability to work in agile team
- Analytical skills for problem solving with focus on simple solutions
- Good written & oral communications skills
- Good presentation and interpersonal skills
- Fluent in English
What Eaton offers:
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
- Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
We are dedicated to improving the quality of life and environment through use of power management technologies and services. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. With approximately 95,000 employees worldwide, a presence in 175 countries and sales of $19.7 billion, why don’t you join us to make a difference?
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Electrical Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time