IT Functional Analyst- manufacturing executing systems
Eaton's Innovation Center has an opening for a:
IT Functional Analyst- manufacturing execution systems
Location: Prague, Roztoky, Czech Republic
IT Functional Analyst will be responsible to work in a highly matrixed organization spanning domestic and international locations. He/she will also analyze processes and recommend improvements that use capabilities of existing manufacturing application software. The Functional Analyst is to be the subject matter expert for the design, development and implementation activities of manufacturing execution and information system solutions used across Eaton.
This includes design, model, configure, and implement functional software and process solutions to meet desired business requirements. Analyze business processes and systems processes & recommend improvements that use standard Eaton software and processes. Participate in implementations and third level support as required. Ability to understand and drive regional and/or global solutions and implement controls that are fully auditable and compliant with business and control standards.
• Responsible for in-depth functional & business process knowledge of target applications
• Work in partnership with divisional and regional business process owners on requirements, processes, and systems.
• Manage requirements scope & disposition through process compliance & gap analysis, integration testing & user acceptance methodology.
• Provide knowledge and input on the system implications of business process changes.
• Help to identify consolidated, worldwide target processes.
• Demonstrate analytical skills to critically evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a more general understanding, distinguish presented user requests from the underlying true needs, and distinguish solution ideas from requirements.
• Apply project methodology and governance processes to the change control, system development life cycle and regression testing.
• Support end to end processes and has intermediate level understanding of system touch points.
• Work with the global governance team to ensure proposed solutions are in-line with global solutions.
• Participate in business process improvement committees as needed.
• Strong communication skills - able to interact with senior level leaders at divisional or regional level. Able to explain complex system issues and decision points using common business language (without using IT terms and language).
• Cultivate innovation
• Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience
• Minimum of 3 years’ Manufacturing plant processes and application experience
• Advanced level of system expertise - gathered through numerous full-life cycle projects.
• Green Belt certification in Six-Sigma as a plus
• Ability to understand complex business needs and model solutions using software and process improvements, potentially leveraging multiple software modules and/or solutions.
• Fluency in English
What Eaton offers:
• Unique, challenging projects in a friendly & collaborative team
• Diverse working environment - open and professional atmosphere at all management levels
• Focus on people, learning & development
• On site laboratories, strong ties with Czech universities
• Fantastic opportunities for sport, cultural, family, and outdoor activities
• Flexible working hours
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time