Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Financial Project Coordinator
Eaton Electrical Engineering Services & Systems division has an opening for a District Operations Coordinator. The position will be based out of our San Diego, CA office.
Position Overview :
Eaton’s Engineering Service & Systems division wants to help you fuel your career! Eaton has the largest and most experienced team of field services technicians and engineers in the industry. This team brings extensive skills and experiences to field service engineering. Active participation in recognized technical societies such as NFPA and IEEE and collaboration with a variety of utilities and industries ensures that our technicians are knowledgeable about today’s cutting edge technology and engineering techniques. We assist customers at every stage of the power system: offering start-up and commissioning of equipment, performing planned maintenance, monitoring performance, diagnosing system problems remotely, as well as responding to emergencies on a 24/7 basis, 365 days a year. Our support services help businesses make the most of their existing electrical equipment by optimizing performance and extending the life of existing facilities.
Power Distribution Systems organization offers career opportunities at a
variety of levels representing increased scope and responsibility within the
Essential Responsibilities :
- Schedule and organize field service manpower for all customer jobs within the district
- Acknowledge all purchase orders, obtain proper insurance certificates and assure that terms and conditions are presented to customer.
- Reconcile all purchase orders with the in-house negotiations to assure matching between promises and expectations.
- Open orders on system to gather, track and reconcile costs associated with jobs.
- Issue purchase orders via Oracle Purchasing System.
- Accurately reconcile and invoice orders via Oracle Project Costing system.
- Complete various office administration responsibilities as required.
- Monitor overtime of the productive workforce and reconcile the overtime with the signed time slips from the customer or from the job cost inventory system.
- Field emergency customer calls to gather critical information and pass it on to appropriate party for action
- Maintain, track and control job costs to achieve the best ratio compared to the actual selling price.
- Organize/obtain necessary materials and proper test equipment based on job requirements.
- Keep sales engineers abreast of potential problems and opportunities with the customer, unless other terms have been negotiated.
- Build positive relationships with customers and facilitate process to get customer issues resolved expeditiously
- Successfully interact with internal Eaton manufacturing plant personnel, legal, contracts, sales and suppliers to schedule and obtain necessary resources and information
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years of experience in finance, accounting or customer service
- No relocation is offered. Only candidates that reside within 50 miles of work location will be considered.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Bachelor’s degree in business, management, finance or accounting from an accredited institution
- 3-5 years’ experience in sales or customer service
- 3-5 years’ experience with cost accounting and general business experience/background
- Experience with electrical power distribution, control products, as well as field service practices and procedures, employee relations and quality programs
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong computer skills
- Basic understanding of product applications and customer needs
- Must be able to influence upwards and across teams/functions
- Handles pressures well.
- Knowledgeable in order entry and time entry software systems
- Must leverage resources and relationships within the division, other Eaton Electrical business units, and customers in order to achieve success
- Ability to develop and execute tactical and strategic plans to support the DOC’s goals.
- Ability to build positive relationships with customers and facilitate process to get customer issues resolved expeditiously
- Ability to successfully interact with internal Eaton manufacturing plant personnel and suppliers to schedule and obtain necessary resources
- Ability to understand profit and loss statements including margins, costing, sales, materials, labor, inventory, absorption
- Ability to complete all tasks with limited involvement and direction from DOC Manager
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time