Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
NPI Sourcing Manager
- Executes on Eaton specific policies and procedures (sourcing, supplier qualification, supplier monitoring etc).
- Develops and executes on sourcing strategies related to NPI.
- Directs NPI Buyers and Project Teams to ensure launches on time and meeting BOC profit margins related to purchased material.
- Conducts regular costed BOM reviews with NPI Buyers and as required with Project Teams to understand BOM cost and sourcing strategies throughout the development phases.
- Awards business to suppliers to ensure objectives of cost, quality, OTD, inventory, service and payment terms are met.
- Liaises with Commodity Management to utilize Eaton strategic supplier base wherever possible
- Directs NPI Buyers and Project Teams to allocate appropriate time in project schedules for supplier selection and qualification, tool development and PPAP. Build and direct cross-functional team for timely supplier qualification.
- Ensures successful hand-over to Production Buyer by setting-up part master, PIR and source lists.
- Develop strategic relationships with suppliers and facilitate meetings with Engineering to capitalize on supplier’s innovation power.
- Supports NPI Quality Engineer to execute on supplier APQP process.
- Negotiates and implement consignment agreements (Eaton or supplier site) and safety stocks with top spend items on BOMs.
- Calculates total cost of acquisition and prepare and prepare cost comparison spreadsheets, taking inventory carrying, shipping costs, foreign exchange rates, duties etc. into account. Performs sensitivity analysis when required.
- Owns supplier launch performance metrics (“scorecard”: PPAP effectiveness, OTD, Q, Cost Productivity, cash flow) and develop underperforming suppliers.
- Develop understanding of supply markets of key commodities, in particular niche commodities that are not covered by Eaton Electrical Commodity Management
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 2 years Sourcing experience
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- No relocation will be offered for this position. Only candidates who reside within a 50 mile radius of the Tualatin, OR facility will be considered for this position
- No Sponsorship- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship.
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Collaborates effectively with sourcing teams across the Eaton organization
- Strong leadership skills to direct the NPI Buyer team
- Builds positive relationships, internally and with supply base
- Maintains a positive attitude under pressure
- Makes data driven decisions
- Exhibits sound technical understanding, engineering background an asset
- Develops for timelines related to supplier sourcing/qualification, tool development and PPAP
- Exhibits excellent analytical skills
- Negotiates effectively with suppliers
- Maintains a positive attitude towards
- Understanding of PPAP process
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- Experience with supply chain processes in SAP
- Automotive Industry Experience
- Five 5 years’ experience in a Sourcing role
- Experience with power electronics sourcing experience
- Leadership experience
- Commodity Management Experience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD TAM
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time