Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Supervisor
Eaton’s Industrial Sector has an opening for an Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Supervisor. The position will be based out of our Van Wert, Ohio facility.
Position Overview :
This position provides environmental and waste water leadership to the site. Individual is accountable for: directing Environmental activities at his/her location(s); establishing Environmental objectives and targets; internal reporting of Environmental performance; communication of national, area, and local regulatory requirements, and; ensuring documents are available in the local languages. Position is responsible for: maintaining site ISO certifications; assuring accurate and complete Environmental reporting of metrics; assuring closure of MESH and regulatory agency findings on a timely basis; completion of required training for EHS personnel; managing interfaces with the public and governmental authorities with adverse findings and enforcement actions; directing actions during crises; site security, creating a strong Environmental culture that engages employees throughout the site in EHS teams and processes. Supervising the site waste water treatment operators.
- Manages and directs site in achieving Environmental targets & objectives. Directs development, maintenance, and achievement of goals in support of corporate and business group Environmental strategic initiatives.
- Facilitates risk assessment at the location to identify critical Environmental hazards and aspects. Works with leadership team to create targets and objectives based on key Environmental risks.
- Determines appropriate leading and lagging indicators to track performance against targets and objectives.
- Supports creation of Environmental goals for the site manager and appropriate activity based goals for the leadership team, functional managers, and front-line supervisors to drive Environmental culture, compliance, and results.
- Works to assign MESH element champions and facilitate their engagement in ownership of the Environmental MESH elements.
- Drives and promotes zero incident Environmental culture throughout site.
- Creates and facilitates Environmental engagement through key environmental teams and committees needed to accomplish the established targets and objectives for the year.
- Works with leadership team and MESH element champions to complete an annual evaluation of compliance for EHS country, state, and local regulations.
- Pursues third party recognition for programs that establish the site and Eaton’s EHS program as world class.
- Provide oversite and direction for the site waste water treatment process and ensure NPDES permit requirements are being achieved.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with environmental waste water management
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in EHS or Environmental related field of study from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience and knowledge related to management of water and wastewater treatment systems and processes including activated sludge wastewater treatment.
- Advanced degree or professional certification (Certified Safety Professional, Certified Industrial Hygienist, Certified Hazardous Materials Manager, or country equivalent where available) or candidate must have willingness to pursue.
- Preferred certifications include: Occupational Safety and Health Technician (OSHTEC); Associate Safety Professional (ASP); Certified Safety Professional (CSP), CHMM, REM
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of industrial waste control, industrial wastewater treatment processes, and enforcement parameters
- Working knowledge of laws, regulations, policies, and procedures governing or associated with pretreatment, hazardous or toxic waste, and industrial waste sampling
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, i.e., Word, Access, and Excel
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Hazardous waste management operations.
- Strong team-building skills
- Ability to demonstrate managerial courage (e.g., managing varied interests representing potential conflicts)
- Ability to enforce pollution control laws, rules and regulations with resolve and impartiality;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Environmental Health & Safety
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD FCV Fluid Conveyance Division
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time