Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Supply Chain Manager
Eaton located in Americus, GA has an opening for a Supply Chain Manager.
The primary function of the Supply Chain Manager is to lead the purchase and storage of materials for production and the shipment of all finished goods going directly to our external and internal customers and to support all plant goals. This position directs and coordinates activities of personnel engaged in the purchasing/buyer, warehouse, and shipping functions to maintain optimal balance between demand /supply and working capital to help ensure operations run efficiently, meet customer delivery schedules and maximize profitability. This role will build organizational capability through teaching, coaching, mentoring and leadership
- Manages the Supply Chain team in the maintenance of purchase orders, change notices, and expedites the delivery of materials, and oversees cost-out actions of purchased raw materials.
- Responsible for the shipping and receipt of all plant materials and the storage of all WIP,Raw, and Plant finished goods.
- Negotiate stocking agreements with suppliers, issue blanket POs (Scheduling Agreements and releases for JIT inventory)
- Analyzes market and delivery conditions to determine present and future material availability, and prepares market analysis reports.
- Works with Supply Chain team to
develop systems to ensure on time delivery to our customer and plant and
supplier stocking levels support and exceed company sales and inventory
Provides data and analysis on vendor performance and works with team to improve lead time, quality, and price from supply base.
- Designs, implements, manages, and monitors purchasing for up to 4 product lines (engineered to order), using SAP and other reporting systems to meet company requirements, works with production management to ensure materials are on site on time per customer request.
- Works with cross functional teams to ensure collaborative and system wide approach to problem solving and quality planning methods.
- Prepares weekly and monthly reports for Inventory accuracy, and inventory dollars and turns. Reports customer orders that are on hold or at jeopardy of meeting company and customer needs.
- Drives root cause of performance failures and puts sustained, corrective action in place to avoid future misses, creates opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Provides guidance and development to the Supply Chain team
- Visibly and actively supports other functional plant initiatives including safety, wellness, engagement, etc
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required
- Minimum 5 year of experience in supply chain management
- Minimum 2 years of experience managing a team of people
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with an ERP system
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Americus will be considered
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Strong organizational skills, high attention to detail, ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with strong customer service and communication skills.
- Must be team oriented with the ability to work on high collaboration and performance teams
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time