Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Site Engineering Manager
Eaton Bedhampton has an opening for a
Site Engineering Manager
Location: Bedhampton, UK
- Eaton Corporation’s Fuel Motion and Control Division of Eaton Aerospace, has an opening for an Site Engineer Manager. The position is based in Bedhamption UK
- The Bedhampton facility has approximately 200 employees and is a leader in the design, development, manufacture and delivery of Aerospace hydraulic components and services to the global aftermarket and OEM markets.
- The individual manages a team of engineers providing leadership and professional direction for the site’s engineering resources.
- This individual will be responsible for short and long term product development,
- Action planning for improved reliability,
- Support operations with product assurance, and opportunities to reduce product cost.
- Primary accountabilities are personnel leadership,
- Organization development of the team,
- Process definition / adherence both internal and external requirements, and technical communications with customers for products in-service and new growth opportunities.
- This role will be on the local management team, this candidate will have decision making responsibility,
- Man Management position with significant managerial responsibility
- Achieve goals for team’s focus performance metrics
- Ensures new product development milestones are achieved on time
- Zero Error designs that enter qualification phase
- Achieve site’s financial budget goals for the engineering team
- Foster Design for Six Sigma Culture
- Provide leadership – including communications and engagement – for the site’s engineering managers and engineering team. Provide mentorship, technical advice, and oversight to engineers.
- Compliance with procedures internal and government regulations
· Organize and build talent base within the engineering organization, create opportunities for growth and development of engineering team. Maintain staffing plans; hire, retain, and evaluate engineering talent.
· Monitor performance of the engineering organization to assure that current product support, future product development, and technical support for customers are addressed
· Report to senior managers on performance, implementation of improvements and corrective actions as required, and engage with customers on performance expectations.
· Assure efforts to improve the efficiency of the engineering functions are emphasized through creative organizational management, effective of use of engineering tools, appropriate training and continuous improvement. Also manages resource capacity demands by coordinating with global engineering resource managers identifying key skills and quantity of resources needed to support programs.
Degree in Mechanical Engineering strongly preferred
Engineering management experience
Hydraulic component and/or hydraulic system experience
Experience with 3D CAD modeling and the creation of detailed drawings
Knowledge of standard aerospace manufacturing processes and ability to design for manufacturability
Knowledge of typical DFSS tools and processes such as design of experiments, statistical analysis, tolerancing
Experience with project and schedule management
Knowledge of aerospace component test methods and capabilities
Ability to interpret aerospace technical requirement, knowledge of industry standard requirements, and ability to flow system and component requirements down to sub-components
What Eaton offers:
· Competitive compensation and benefits package
· Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
· Excellent working environment – safety and ethics is really important for us
· Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day.
· Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: AER Aerospace Group
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No