Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Power Systems Engineering Team Leader
Eaton Electrical Engineering Services & Systems division has an opening for a Power Systems Engineering Team Leader. The position will be based out of our City of Industry, CA office.
Eaton's Electrical Services & Systems team offers a comprehensive portfolio of services tailored for every stage of a power system’s life cycle—whether it’s design, build, or support. Our services integrate and optimize the elements of a power system to make sure it’s aligned with business goals. We can help keep your power system safe, efficient, reliable, and up-to-date.
Eaton has the largest and most experienced team of power system engineers in the industry, with industry-standard software and advanced modeling and analysis capabilities at their fingertips. This team brings extensive skills and experiences to power system analysis and design. Active participation in technical societies such as IEEE and collaboration with a variety of utilities and industries ensures that our engineers are knowledgeable about today’s cutting edge engineering techniques. We assist customers at every stage of the power system: from substation and distribution system design to renewable energy and smart grid engineering, from safety and reliability-focused studies to power quality and grounding related audits and analyses.
The primary purpose of this position is to lead a team of power systems engineers and provide applied engineering and technical consultation for customers in the areas of power systems studies, power quality analysis, installation, startup, maintenance, repair and training.
Essential Responsibilities :
- Act as sales and marketing agent in conjunction with sales engineers to help drive sales in the consulting and engineering business. Identify and develop prospective new customers. Keep current on the trends and significant issues in the local marketplace providing direction for the strategic planning process. Maintain effective relationships with and service to customers. Facilitate teaming with other districts to support multi-district customers and/or industries.
- Provides input to profit plan and monthly forecasts with accuracy so that the operation meets these numbers on a monthly (and even daily) basis. Responsible for efficient execution of projects, ability to execute to sales quotes, cost control, leveraging subcontractors, inventory management, and turn of backlog and projects
- Assure an effective and skilled staff through recruiting, assessment of talent (find gaps and follow action plans to fill gaps), training & development, goal setting, communications, performance appraisal, and conformance to applicable company policies. Provide leadership and direction to ensure professional growth for employees and retention within the operation.
- Act as a technical mentor and back up for engineering personnel. Provide front line support for engineering staff on technical questions, sales and negotiation questions, project management matters, and commercial issues.
- Assure the safety of employees who work in low, medium, and high voltage work environments. Ensures strict compliance with safety policies, trains and implements safety programs, ensures safety equipment resources are available and properly tested, and acts as a safety liason with customers.
- Effectively manages diverse and dispersed field based workforce in assigned geographic territory, which includes multiple office locations. Demonstrates good corporate citizenship. Assures the security and effective allocation of company resources and assets.
- Key interface with customers, district operations, general sales force, manufacturing plants, product division management, and functional support staff.
- Handles escalation procedures in accordance with our 24/7 service business. Makes sound business decisions on the fly when support functions are unavailable.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, Electrical and Computer Engineering, or Energy Systems Engineering required.
- 5 years minimum experience working in a engineering service or engineering unit.
- Must be able to work in the US without company sponsorship.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Previous leadership experience
- Master of Electrical Engineering, Power Systems focus
- PE license
- Power Systems Analysis experience including ARC flash studies
- Power Systems Analysis experience software (SKM, ETAP, EasyPower)
- Familiarity with relevant codes including (NEC, NFPA-70E, IEEE 1584)
- Knowledge of power distribution, control products, as well as power systems engineering practices and procedures, employee relations and quality programs.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain customer relationships and resolve complaints.
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and understanding of a fiscal entity.
- Ability to communicate effectively and equally well with senior corporate executives, engineers and technicians.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication/presentation skills
- Broad understanding of marketing and business planning
- Strong analytical skills
- Practical understanding of accounting principles and P&L
- Practical understanding of demand flow production concepts
- Broad understanding of market channel relationships and processes
- Basic understanding of product applications and customer needs
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time