Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Software System Engineer
- Designs and develops solutions for customer’s problems.
- Reviews designs and implementations of others.
- Implements products matching the specifications.
- Executes maintenance and evolution of Eaton Energy Storage offering.
- Design and implementation of tailored solution for specific customers.
- Contributes to achieving planning objectives.
- Contributes to validation plan definition.
- Respects Eaton quality process.
- Education: Engineer, M.S. or equivalent
- Experience in embedded development using buildroot or similar tool.
- Problem solving oriented, passion for innovation and curious about Smart Grid and Storage technology
- Good knowledge and experience in:
- Linux, Unix and operating systems in general
- Programming languages (C, C++)
- Following specialties are nice to have:
- Other languages (shell, Perl, Python, …)
- Linux distribution packaging (RPM, DEB, …)
- Experience with contributing to OpenSource projects
- Experience with fork-merge development (github)
- Experience with Continuous Integration
- Knowledge of HW development boards (eg. Raspberry Pi or equivalent ) appreciated
- Ability to work in agile team
- Analytical skills for problem solving with focus on simple solutions
- Good written & oral communications skills
- Good presentation and interpersonal skills
- Fluent in English
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Electrical Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time