Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Lead Engineer, Advanced Manufacturing
- Lead the development of Manufacturing Systems roadmaps that support the overall Hydraulics Manufacturing Strategy; make innovative recommendations supporting business goals and develop action plans to transfer new technology to existing and new processes globally.
- Manage Hydraulics Manufacturing projects and requests; coordinate the planning, direction, and timing of the various phases in the project life cycle, working with stakeholders to provide estimates of resources, costs, and benefits of projects; plan for and manage project resources.
- Lead BPI initiatives to improve business processes such as Capital Appropriation/ Planning and Industrialization of New Products to create manageable and flexible processes.
- Comply with standard EHS practices and guidelines embodying a Zero Incident Culture.
- Develop and utilize expert knowledge in simulation software and building virtual models of Hydraulics Operations sites.
- Develop standards and procedures for consistent scalable simulation modeling of manufacturing facilities.
- Train plant staff as needed to build simulation models and to manipulate those models for local analysis.
- Champion process standardization across all Hydraulics facilities. Ensure processes meet Environmental, Safety, and Health (MESH) & regulatory requirements.
- Assist local sites with new capital installation, asset layout, and new product launch.
- Assist with management of projects throughout Global Hydraulics Operations.
- Coordinate activities with Hydraulics EHS, Lean and Quality functions.
- Participate and/or lead Process Councils.
- Engineering degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in machine tool programing, CAM, and DNC software
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in 2D/3D CAD (Pro/E or SolidWorks) software
- Minimum 3 years’ experience reading and interpreting engineering drawings
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with product costing, control plans, product routings and make vs. buy analysis
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a changing global, virtual organization
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and switch focus efficiently
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and SolidWorks
- Self Motivated/Dependable
- Ability to plan and organize effectively
- 1 year new product launch experience
- 1 year experience specifying and purchasing capital equipment
- 4 years’ experience with 2D/3D CAD (Pro/E) software
- 4 years’ experience with enterprise MRP systems (Oracle, MFG-Pro, JD Edwards)
- 4years’ experience with product costing, control plans, product routings and make vs. buy analysis
- 4 years’ experience using and implementing Lean/Six Sigma tools
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time