Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Machine Operator & Welder - 2nd Shift
- Coordinates the daily release and sequences the release in the most efficient manner for production.
- Unload coil steel from trucks. Locates material with proper identification attached and turn receiving paperwork into office.
- Load coils on reel and threads coil from payoff reel.
- Makes appropriate tooling changes to set up machine, making necessary operating adjustments.
- Activates machine for programmed cycle, enters program sequences for omitted or non-programmed special runs, and clears machine when malfunctions occur.
- Oversees operation of automated cold metal transfer welding units. Responsible for changing out consumables and making necessary adjustments to equipment and gases.
- Checks finished pieces against print for correct forming and welding specifications.
- Re-bands and unloads any unused coils.
- Unloads finished pieces and stores properly.
- May be required to perform repair work on finished product.
- Responsible for the inventory of supplies for the work center.
- Disposes of all scrap steel into dumpsters outside of building.
- Must have completed High School Diploma/GED from an accredited institution.
- 1 year of manufacturing experience.
- Successfully complete Eaton’s Cooper Power Systems weld test.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within (50 miles) of facility will be considered for this position.
- Associates degree or certification in robotic welding
- 3 years of manufacturing experience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No