Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Strategic Sourcing Manager - Metals & Stampings
Eaton is a power management company with approximately 97,000 employees. The company provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
Eaton's Lighting Division is an industry-leading manufacturer of lighting products for commercial, industrial, residential, utility and retail markets. We are at the forefront in transforming the lighting industry and setting an unmatched standard for innovation and reliability. No one will do more to empower customers with the innovations, technology and solutions they need to meet the challenges of the future.
At Eaton's Lighting Division, we have a team of talented engineers, designers and technicians working hard to design new products that meet the increasing demand for innovative and reliable lighting and lighting control solutions.
As we continue to lead the lighting industry we remain dedicated to growing our business and our people! We believe in providing our employees and YOU the opportunity grow, have fun and take pride in their/your work.
If YOU want to be a leader in creating our new innovative products and thrive in a fast-paced, environment, then our engineering team is looking for YOU!
Eaton’s Lighting Division is seeking a Strategic Sourcing Manager to be based out of an office in Monterrey, Mexico.
• Overall responsibility for the development and execution of the Eaton Lighting Division’s Supply Base - specific to steel, stampings, and fabrications.
• Drive and Own material cost productivity for all components and related systems within the assigned components or purchased finished goods. Specific material cost productivity targets will be assigned each year and adjusted as commodity prices fluctuate.
• Establishment of operational policies and implementation of both long and short-term strategic plans to achieve divisional objectives for procurement of raw materials and finished goods to support delivery performance at 95% or greater. These objectives include the balanced optimization of Revenue, Delivery, Cost and Working Capital (Inventory).
• Develop the Global Sourcing Strategy within assigned components or purchased finished goods to include supplier selection, supplier qualification and ongoing management of the ASL (Approved Supplier List).
• Maintain relationships with key suppliers including measuring supplier’s performance and driving improvement plans (PPV, quality, delivery, cost, etc).
• Work with sales, marketing and NPD operations to improve forecasting communication to our supply base through a robust PSI/S&OP planning cycle. Develop sound supply chain contingencies to enable rapid reaction to forecast deficiencies while still balancing overall business objectives.
• Ensure sufficient capacity exists, production and supply, to meet short and long term volume requirements.
• Secondary responsibility to include supplier development and identification across all commodities specific to Lighting (mechanical, electronics, power suppliers, and packaging) within LCC, specifically Latin America with focus on Mexico
• Bilingual in English and Spanish
• BS or BA from an accredited institution.
• A minimum of 3 years of experience in Strategic Sourcing or Purchasing.
• An advanced degree from an accredited institution.
• Experience with suppliers in Mexico, India, and China.
• Proven track record of successful implementation of annual cost savings through negotiation, supplier VAVE, product redesign and effective supplier development/resourcing efforts.
• Experience in a large cross-functional matrix organization with a high number of new product launches each year.
• Experience with procurement of components and purchased finished goods that require steel and aluminum based raw materials.
• Demonstrated understanding of tooling fundamentals for mechanical related processes.
• Direct experience with SAP Procurement and Material Management Functions
• The ability to work independently and take on additional responsibilities
• Negotiation and conflict resolution skills
• The ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrated strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated strong analytical skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work within and influence cross-functional teams.
• Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Latin America
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time