Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Supplier Quality Engineer
- Leads and conducts Supplier Assessments to qualify potential new suppliers or evaluate existing suppliers.
- Ensures all suppler requirements related to Quality Systems on assigned new product developments are compliantly established, reviewed and approved.
- Ensure that supplier meets all Eaton requirements regarding quality system status and any 3rd party registration requirements.
- Represent Supplier Quality on supplier selection & development teams for New Product Development, foot-print optimization and product transfer / transition projects.
- Evaluate and identify gaps and provide training to supplier in APQP Process, PPAP process, risk assessment and reduction including process control development, robust corrective & preventive action and utilization of Eaton tools.
- Works with the Supply Chain organization to develop new suppliers capable of meeting / exceeding Eaton Standards and drive adherence to Eaton’s Supplier Excellence Manual.
- Monitor and communicate Supplier DPPM, OTD, PPAP on time submission, cost of non-conformance, etc. and drive supplier performance improvement through tactical and strategic actions including Focus Supplier Program.
- Works with suppliers to initiate and close Corrective & preventive Actions and to ensure that immediate and systemic root causes have been properly identified and eliminated through the use of appropriate tools and techniques such as 3X5 why, fishbone, and other appropriate problem solving tools.
- Works with Design Engineering and Supply Chain to ensure that quality criteria are clearly identified on all newly established parts / drawings and communicated to suppliers.
- Reviews and dispositions supplier PPAP submissions.
- Ensures all appropriate significant or Critical to Quality (CTQ) characteristics are included, that reaction plans are adequate and customer approval is obtained where necessary.
- Works in partnership with suppliers and Eaton sites to drive adherence to all ESSG Supplier Quality policies and procedures.
- Actively leads and participates in continuous improvement projects related to suppliers including any internal / external processes & procedures.
- Help identify, develop and/or communicate/deploy best practices across plants, divisions and groups.
- Help coach/develop plant team members in supplier management activities at tactical as well as strategic levels as required. Provide oversight to ensure deployment of processes and procedures across plants and divisions
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 3 years of work in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 3 year of work in a Supplier Quality Engineering or Quality related role.
- No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates must live within 50 miles of Waukesha, WI.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PSD Power Systems Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time