Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
IT Service Management Specialist
- Drive solution architecture, ensure technical alignment and facilitate technical solution delivery
- Plan for future-state technology and IT program deployments
- Develop, communicate, and deploy architecture processes
- Drive the application of emerging technologies to current Eaton environments
- Accountable for maintaining high levels of solution performance, availability and capacity, demonstrating a commitment to quality.
- Works within Eaton's IT Organization to influence the direction of key technical elements of the solution environment
- Support and Execute on Strategic Planning process
Involves working in a highly matrixed organization spanning domestic and international locations.
Responsible for process, standards, governance and performance of the shared structures and technical environments.
Ability to access and evaluate products/vendors
Has a good understanding of the technical platforms, applications, and tools currently utilized at Eaton
Ability to drive projects with broad scope of deployment, including sector and/or region
Drives decisions and deliverables within team
Ability to work on multiple modules/component designs
Has knowledge of project management methodology and tools. Consults with the governance team to help develop, define, and prioritize work and project requests.
Participates in management and design of security and architectural models for complex projects
Provide proactive direction ensuring a stable and scalable solution
Collaborate with business and development teams to drive robust testing methodologies
Work within operational and performance metrics to drive continuous improvement.
- Minimum of 4 years of IT experience in IT Service Management tools and processes is required
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Strong knowledge of IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) concepts
- BMC Remedy Development and Administration experience
- Experience with BMC Analytics, Crystal Reports, Business Objects or similar reporting tools/ development
- Knowledge of BMC Remedy ARS 7.x platform or 8.x platform
- Knowledge of BMC Remedy ITSM Suite 7.x. or 8.x
- Knowledge of Eclipse, Perl, Shell, and other scripting automation languages
- Knowledge of SQL
- Familiarity with Incident/Problem Management, Change Management, Asset & Configuration Management, SDLC, and Development Operations processes in an enterprise environment
- Troubleshooting, diagnostic and performance analysis skills
- Knowledge of ITIL Foundation (v3 or greater)
- A solid understanding and experience with ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) and/or certification, specifically as it relates to Incident, Change, Problem, Asset, Release and Configuration Management within Service Support and Service Delivery considered a plus
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills, including knowledge of analytical tools
- Experience with multiple ITSM tools
- ServiceNow experience is a plus
- BMC Remedy upgrade experience is a plus (Remedy 7-8 to Remedy 9) is a plus
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time