Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Engineering Technician (MCC Wiring)
Eaton in Glendale Heights, IL has an opening for an Engineering Technician (MCC Wiring) to work first shift.
The incumbent will execute engineering, technical, testing and administrative functions in support of the Service Center facility goals of high quality custom-manufactured electrical distribution and control products.
- Provide technical and administrative support to both the engineering and production operations within the satellite facility.
- Update manufacturing information (technical drawings, manufacturing instructions, customer resources) with the latest changes per Eaton guidelines.
- Serve as a resource to and provide technical support to production team on order-specific job criteria relating to design or wiring questions.
- Act as the local technical expert on wiring in Eaton products – provide manufacturing team with accurate drawings and guidance for complex wiring schemes, advise customers and sales on potential wiring solutions, provide technical guidance to production team on wiring and testing standards.
- Serve as point of contact with customers on complex technical and engineering questions / solutions.
- Prepare schematics and wiring diagrams for MCC products using ACAD and upload as required using POM.
- Create custom wiring diagrams and connection drawings for customer specific orders.
- Troubleshoot and/or modify customer drawings for released product.
- Maintain awareness of new product designs
- Maintain awareness of new/updated NEC/NEMA/UL code requirements.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.) from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Glendale Heights, IL will be considered
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering technology or engineering field.
- Technical On-The-Job or vocational electrical / wiring training
- 1-2 years of experience in electrical engineering / configuring electrical equipment
- Strong product knowledge of Motor Control Centers or Control products
- Knowledge of Eaton applications (Bid Manager, POM, AS400, Mapics)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Supply Chain Systems (AS400 / MAPICS)
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite (Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Safety prioritization – sees safety as the primary focus of all operations.
- Strong business acumen
- Knowledge of basic electricity and wiring schemes
- Ability to work well within a small team environment
- Customer service and communications skills – ability to effectively discuss and relay complex information to various parties
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No