Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Plater - 2nd Shift
- Review work order or schedule established by team leader
- Read and understand process sheet/blueprint
- Process parts through plating, passivation, or cleaning lines as required by process specifications (this may involve some fine manipulation/racking of the product, weighs approximately 10 pounds)
- Log all procedures as dictated by plating specifications in corresponding log book including electroplating, passivation, and pickling
- Calculate surface area of parts to be plated or cleaned and apply current density according to the plating specifications
- Operate measuring devices, including micrometers, dial gauges, etc.
- Run product through processes using rack or barrels (cleaning, plating, passivation pickling) in accordance with plating specifications
- Perform daily bath maintenance (this may include filter changing, chemical additions and cleaning of plating lines) as dictated by the maintenance schedule
- Setup of fixtures, racks, and barrels utilizing historical data/logs (done with support of team leader and lab technician)
- Able to work in a team environment
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Exercise proper waste disposal under the guidance of team leader and lab technician
- Participate in lean and 5S+ activities, as required
- Follow shop environmental and safety procedures, including proper personal protection equipment at all times
- Active member of hazardous response team
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Minimum one year experience in a manufacturing/operations environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area (50 miles) of the Beltsville facility will be considered
- All positions require use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in arms regulations. All applicants must be U.S. Persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. Person as a U.S.Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, Political Asylee, or Refugee.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No