Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
- Support design reviews by providing 3D & 2D CAD data and analysis as well as incorporating cross-functional and customer inputs related to product performance, design for manufacturability, and quality.
- Support the implementation of design changes to improve quality, performance, cost reduction, and standardization through analysis of designs and problem solving techniques using CAD software and data exchange system.
- Becomes familiar with design, development and failure analysis through the use of DFMEA, customer returns, and specific development projects.
- Increases depth of knowledge in fundamental engineering practices by working under the direction and guidance of others. Supports presentations to internal and external customers on programs or products as required.
- Provides technical support that may include analysis, developing recommended corrective actions, and providing necessary reports in areas of expertise.
- Actively learns the engineering methodologies within the division and becomes familiar with other departments and their relationship to engineering.
- A junior or senior status and actively enrolled in a Bachelor's degree program in Engineering
- Must maintain a 3.0 or higher GPA or higher (please do not round)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without company sponsorship
- Must currently reside within 50 miles of Southfield, MI
- Prior internship or co-op experience
- Working knowledge of Pro-Engineering CAD (aka Creo)
- Working knowledge of CAD
- A focus on mechanical engineering is preferred
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH AUTO Automotive Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No