Eaton has an immediate opening for a Quality Inspector II on 1st shift in our Camarillo, CA location.
The responsibilities include: conducts extensive visual inspection, precision mechanical inspection and limited electrical or functional testing of materials, connectors, parts or assemblies to ensure all items tested meet appropriate specifications and quality requirements
- Interprets intermediate mechanical drawings and inspects characteristics using standard measurement equipment and special inspection/test equipment
- Utilizes standard equipment such as micrometers, comparators, gage blocks, calipers, radius gauges, ring and plug gauges, hardness testers, indicators, thread gauges and protractors
- Utilizes special equipment such as toolmakers microscope, surface plate and height gauge
- Measures and interprets threads using Fed. Std. H28
- Uses surface analyzer (Profilometer) and determines surface finishes
- Identifies electronics industry coatings
- Communicates unsatisfactory trends to production supervision
- Works with minimal supervision or technical assistance
- Performs documentation maintenance and problem investigation
- Generates and assists in the corrective/preventive action process and non-conforming material process
- Inspection of complex aerospace and military hardware
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years of mechanical inspection experience
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in arms
regulations. All applicants must be U.S. Persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. Person as a U.S.
Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 50 mile radius of Camarillo, CA will be considered.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship.
- Understands AS9102 First article & ANSI_ Y14.5M 1982
- Basic PC knowledge for spreadsheets and word processing
- Basic four function math skills and a basic knowledge of electricity
- Have full understanding of applicable military specifications
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD TAM
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No