Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Eaton’s Aerospace Fluid Electrical Distribution Division is seeking a Human Resources Supervisor. The HR Supervisor will be based at our Jackson, MI facility.
The HR Supervisor is responsible for directly assisting the HR Manager in the development, implementation and administration of HR policies and programs to support the plant’s business objectives. The HR Supervisor will be responsible for managing both salaried direct reports as well as providing general HR support to a specific production area within the plant. The HR Supervisor will be responsible for maintaining positive employee relations with the site Union Committee and Body as well as the non-Unionized salaried personnel. The HR Supervisor will be responsible for assisting in the creating and support of a positive and ethical business environment; executing on the function’s strategic plan, supporting the execution of a high performance highly engaged culture through communication, recognition, talent selection and development, and performance management.
- Assess and select talent and train and coach managers on the process.
- Deploy local policies and practices in alignment with values
- Ensure data integrity in all HR systems with timely and accurate entry and gather data through HR technology systems
- Utilize metrics to determine the health of the organization
- Ensure effective onboarding and ongoing training of all employees
- Conduct investigations and recommend and facilitate resolution. Coach and facilitate employees and managers through workplace issues and facilitate the performance management process
- Understand and consider all applicable legal implications when making business decisions and protect the organization by ensuring compliance with all labor l when making business decisions and protect the organization by ensuring compliance with all labor laws
- Continuously evaluations and assesses the HR procedures and practices for efficiency and applicability; recommending updates and changes as needed and required
- Ensures all initiatives around Inclusion & Diversity, Wellness, and Culture are understood and executed at the site for both hourly and salary personnel
- Develops and delivers training to address skill or competency gaps for both hourly and salaried workforces
- Performs special projects as assigned by the Human Resources Manager
- Manages the HR function in the absence of the HR Manager
- Leads a team of HR professionals through direct supervisor and leadership
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a Human Resources generalist function
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Must be able to work in the United States on a permanent and on-going basis without requiring company sponsorship
- This positon requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. green Card Holder), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Relocation is not offered for this role. Only individuals within a 50 mile radius of the Jackson, MI Aerospace location will be considered for this role
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Labor Relations or Business with an HR concentration from an accredited institution
- Master’s degree in HR, Labor Relations or an MBA with an HR concentration from an accredited institution
- At least one (1) year of experience directly supervising others
- At least two (2) years of experience in a Union environment
- Five (5) years of experience in a HR generalist role in an industrial manufacturing environment
- PHR/SPHR/SHMR-CP/SHRM-SCP certification
- Experience in labor negotiations
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time