Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Supplier Quality Engineer
Eaton’s Aerospace Group is seeking a Senior Supplier Quality Engineer. The Senior Supplier Quality Engineer is responsible for driving supplier improvement in the areas of Quality, Delivery and Lean Manufacturing initiatives. The improvements must be consistent with Eaton Aerospace requirements.
- Oversees and participates in the development and initiation of inspection, testing and evaluation techniques for incoming goods.
- Evaluates inspection techniques and recommends changes.
- Works with Production, Quality Assurance, Materials and other departments to define quality standards and procedures.
- Reviews and analyzes inspection test results and oversees the disposition of unaccepted items with - affected suppliers and companies.
- Analyzes supplier performance both in-house on supplier premises as required.
- Applies standard statistical techniques to analyze and evaluate studies.
- Team with suppliers to define and document Process Flow Diagrams, Process FMEAs, AIAG Process Control Plans and Inspection plans.
- Negotiates with suppliers to find equitable solutions to problems identified.
- Visits supplier locations to evaluate quality standards and processes.
- Answers technical questions regarding commodity quality, long-term feasibility or quality certifications.
- Oversees and participates in the development, implementation, and evaluation of quality system surveys.
- Develops, implements, and oversees the administration of special programs to recognize and to ensure the use of suppliers who maintain established standards of quality, reliability, and price.
- Communicates with appropriate personnel regarding significant changes.
- Controlling nonconforming material in accordance with Eaton procedures.
- Flowing down of external/internal quality requirements to suppliers.
- Supporting and leading continuous improvement initiatives.
- Supporting internal audit requirements in accordance with Eaton procedures.
- Achieving objectives as detailed by Quality Management.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 5 years of quality experience working with quality systems
- Must live within 50 miles of Los Angeles, CA
- This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All accepted applications must be U.S. Persons as defined by ITAR (U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, Political Asylee, or Refugee).
- Significant experience with Supplier Performance Management, Supplier Correction Actions and Nonconforming Material Dispositions, MRB
- Experience with Dock-to-Stock and Skip-lot Programs
- Experience with Supplier Improvement Programs, Supplier Quality Plans
- Experience with Aerospace suppliers.
- Experience with complex machining suppliers.
- Experience with Special processes suppliers (Heat Treating, Plating, Painting).
- Familiar with major Aerospace primes Quality System, as well as working knowledge of AS9100.
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma tools.
- Willingness to travel locally and nationally to supplier sites
“Eaton will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO”
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time