Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Customer Support Representative
Eaton’s Electrical Controls and Protection Division is currently seeking a Customer Support Representative to join our winning team! The CSR will be based out of Torrance, CA facility.
The Customer Sales Representative, you will work cooperatively with outside sales, sales management and internal/external customers to deliver exceptional customer and sales support with the goal to growing Eaton’s customer base in the commercial and industrial segment, and meeting or exceeding sales quotas at the appropriate gross margin while increasing customer satisfaction.
- Manage and respond to the pre-order needs of new and existing customers including reviewing and interpreting customer needs on plans and specifications, utilizing the Request For Quote (RFQ) process, preparing formal quotes and new account setup forms.
- Develops accounts by checking customer's buying history; suggesting related and new items; explaining technical features. Maintains and improves quality results by following standards; recommending improved policies and procedures. Updates job knowledge by studying new product descriptions; participating in educational opportunities. Proactive identification of sales potential and follow up to secure orders for existing customers. Internally manage opportunities that arise with customer.
- Provide customer support as the first line of escalation above order management to facilitate resolution of order management issues as required. Must be knowledgeable and competent in SAP order management and may be required to participate in order management if workload and customer issues require assistance.
- Manage the entry and data integrity of customer price lists and customer special pricing within the ERP system. Demonstrate a competency level of product, production process and capabilities as well as the ERP order management system.
- Develops sales opportunities by researching and identifying potential accounts, building rapport; providing technical information and explanations, preparing quotations.
- Interface with customers, Applications Engineering, Product Managers and Regional Sales Managers to prepare sample requests, proto-type orders and post order follow up. Responsible for processing and coordination of sample and proto-type orders from receipt to shipment to invoicing.
- Coordinate with Applications Engineering, Sales and Marketing on adaptability of our product and services to customers’ special needs. Be an Eaton product specialist for the customer.
- Coordinate small to medium projects on an as needed basis including the NPI launches, project execution actions, price increases, initiation and tracking of new part number set ups and customer notifications.
- Utilizes Eaton’s CRM selling process including tracking customer opportunities and logging customer communication.
- Accomplishes department and organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments. Establish and maintain the highest possible commercial relationship with present and potential customers (internal and external).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, related or approved field from an accredited institution required.
- A minimum of one year of experience within a manufacturing or distribution environment.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without company sponsorship.
- Relocation benefits are not provided for this role. Only local candidates residing within 50 miles of Torrance, CA will be considered.
- Eaton will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills to support internal and external contacts within a multi-cultured environment.
- Demonstrated experience working with MS Office software package.
- Ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks in an efficient manner, and work on multiple projects simultaneously and independently
- Ability to work on time sensitive projects, meet critical deadlines, and deliver commitments in a calm and organized manner
- Customer service skills and aptitude; analytical skills and detail-orientated.
- Ability to train others and work in a team-oriented environment.
- Must be able to travel up to 10% of the time
- Work experience with SAP
- Work experience in a customer support role for technical products
- Experience with preparing proposals
- A technical aptitude in low voltage Power Management, Power Conversion, or Operator Interface Controls is a plus, but not required. OR Technical/selling as it relates to vehicle electronics, CAN communications, basic electricity, and mechanical technology preferred
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD TAM
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No