Director - Center for Intelligent Power
At Eaton, we’ve embraced the digital world and our place in it to rethink innovation. We seek a
passionate engineer to work with industrial power management products and services to lead and support this digital transformation.
The Director, Center for Intelligent Power is a member of the Chief Technology Officer’s corporate team and reports directly to the EVP/CTO of the company. This position is responsible for the startup of the IoT and data science team in Dublin, Ireland as well as to provide overall leadership and direction for the Center of Intelligent Power teams including locations in India and the United States.
This position will formulate compelling value propositions and understand how to drive solutions to commercialization. This individual will be responsible for the strategic thinking, planning and execution of descriptive, diagnostics, predictive and prescriptive analytics methodologies to support a range of product and services application for multiple businesses across the electrical and industrial sectors. In addition, this leader will build and mentor a global team to develop, demystify and democratize data science and machine learning for IoT applications related to power management in the digital world.
This individual will directly interface with internal and external ecosystem partners such as business and function leaders, universities and research incubators in Ireland, and other startups to develop and implement technological and commercial strategies, and translate them into solutions enabled by intelligent and connected devices.
· In collaboration with business and function develop and execute analytical platforms that can be easily consumed and deployed into applications for the industrial and electrical sector businesses.
· Lead and direct applications for data science technologies, including the identification emerging technology trends, future commercial solutions development.
· Interface, collaborate and coordinate with sector divisional functions (business engineering, marketing, etc.) across the globe, customers, suppliers, etc. to ensure smooth introduction of new technologies, products, and solutions.
· Socialize and create mindshare for novel solutions and business models to generate recurring income.
· Drive a high performance workforce – attract, coach, mentor and facilitate growth of strong leaders within the organization & share ownership in developing future talent pipeline.
· Have the acumen and the passion to work with product engineering teams globally.
· Develop and execute annual operating budget.
· At least 10 years of related engineering experience in in data science and controls systems and solutions design, applied research, new product development, program management and innovation processes.
· 7 years of experience leading people.
· Advanced degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Electrical / Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Applied Mathematics or Statistics.
· Experience in automotive, aerospace, O&G, grid infrastructure, mining, data centers segments.
· Direct experience leading global industrial product engineering and technology teams.
· Proven track record of building organizational capability and talent through effective recruiting, training, coaching, development and optimizing organizational structure.
· Demonstrated excellence applications of machine learning with experience with both physics-based and numerical modeling and simulation techniques.
· Proficiency in software-enabled and embedded controls development issues, especially in the context of model-based and hardware-in-loop control algorithm and software development processes.
· Proficiency in IoT architectures including cloud/edge computing, storage, processing and analytical techniques at each boundary and an understanding of scalability, cost and performance trade-offs for applied applications.
· Understanding of legal matters dealing with intellectual property, government contracts and other research agreements.
· Exceptionally strong business acumen.
· Consistently acts in an ethical, open, honest, trustworthy and truthful manner.
· Demonstrated leadership effectiveness in a global setting.
· Collaborative orientation. The ability to succeed in a highly team oriented environment.
· Self-motivated and goal oriented individual.
· Demonstrated strategic thinking, drive for results, and managerial courage.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in dealing with management, employees, customers and suppliers. Executive level communication and presentation skills.
· Position requires up to 25% travel domestic and international
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Director
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring region only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time