Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Engineer – Vehicle Electrification
Eaton's Innovation Center has an opening for a:
Senior Engineer – Vehicle Electrification
Location: Prague, Roztoky, Czech Republic
The Eaton European Innovation Center (EEIC) offers an exciting, engaging, and fun environment for creative engineers who are looking for great learning, advancement and technology leadership opportunities in a broad range of technological fields and in an highly diverse team of researchers and engineers.
With over 100 employees we are a vibrant engineering and Innovation Center for electrical, vehicle, hydraulic, and aerospace applications for the region focus on businesses in Europe, Middle-East, & Africa.
Corporate Research & Technology (CRT) focuses on the front end of innovation by: conducting research to advance the state of the art, emphasizing technologies with cross-business impact and innovating to provide Eaton’s customers with safe, efficient, and reliable power management solutions.
The Electro-mechanical team has the principal goal of identifying, developing, and justifying commercialization of significant growth opportunities for diverse Eaton businesses in the area of electromechanical technologies related to systems and machinery, including system architecture, motors, actuation, mechanisms, and power transmission. The team engages in defining, planning, leading and executing technology programs, applying mechanical engineering theory and practice in Vehicle applications. The team maps technology solutions to market opportunities.
• Supports project lead in realization projects utilizing our internal project execution processes, including Design Reviews and Technical Reviews
• Supports Program Managers in the development of detailed project plans and value proposition
• Participates and presents in ideation events (Innovation Summits, Design Bursts, etc.)
• Initiates and develops solid relationships with both engineering leaders within Eaton to drive strong business cases for new commercial applications and acquire needed resources and funding
• Supports open innovation events with universities and external institutes that align with Power Block strategy
• Actively contributes to and guides team members on IP generation
• Participates in department and CRT process improvements and is able to teach standard processes and tools to junior staff, customers and suppliers.
• Good communication and presentation skills.
• Position requires up to 10% travel domestic and international.
• Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or with emphasis on electronic and electronic power systems from an accredited University
• 3 years of experience in automotive or technology development
• Experiences with Battery Electric Vehicles and Hybrid Vehicle Architectures;
• HIL subsystem evaluation
• Practical experiences with SIL
• Electric drives: Traction converters and control strategies;
• Experiences with communication protocols, such as CAN bus
• Diagnostic and safety systems experiences
• Plus: Mechatronics
• Plus: Battery characteristics or other electric sources
• Fluent in oral and written English
• Experience in innovation, new technology, and product development
• Experience in Project Management
What Eaton offers:
• Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
• Excellent working environment – safety and ethics is really important for us
• Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day.
• Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University (on-site in Prague).
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time