Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Strategic Buyer
- Leverage/utilize Eaton strategic suppliers to reduce current vendor base.
- Identify strategic, preferred and developmental suppliers; selection of sources of supply obtaining maximum advantage in price, quality, delivery and in evaluating the stability and dependability of suppliers. Work with suppliers to increase value, quality, delivery performance and technology solutions to benefit Eaton’s Crouse-Hinds business. Establish plans to mitigate risk associated with purchased goods and services.
- Manage and respond to MRP requirements in a timely way, maximizing the supply base for delivery, cost and quality
- Manage supplier performance using leading indicator metrics such as PPV, supplier OTD and quality
- Lead supplier base reduction activities, cost reduction programs and lead time reduction initiatives to improve overall supply chain performance
- Execute strategic transitions through facilitation of engineering discussions, price negotiation, volume balancing, etc.
- Participate in material management Kaizen events
- Focal on NPI teams as the materials or operations representative; includes prototype sourcing, pilot build support, transition into production.
- Initiates requisitions and follows up to ensure timely availability of parts for production to meet customer shipping dates
- Revises and reschedules purchase orders as necessary to compensate for rush order priorities and material shortages
- Work closely with production planning and other members of supply chain and customer service teams to achieve shared objectives
- Use problem solving skills to resolve invoice discrepancies with quantity, pricing, etc.
- Responsible for observing good business practices, protecting the interest of the company and for buying at the best possible price consistent with time, quality and quantity requirements complying with company policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years of buyer or procurement experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates who currently reside within a 50 mile radius of Windsor, CT will be considered.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Broad understanding of Supply Chain Management operational concepts surrounding Production Planning and Purchasing
- Foundational level SAP knowledge
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of SAP MRP Systems and material and capacity planning methodologies
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing concepts
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering, or Supply Chain Management from an accredited institution
- Master’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Experience with SAP is strongly preferred
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD ALP Airport Lighting Products
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time