Lead Sales Engineer - Data Center
Eaton Electrical North American Sales (NAS) Datacenter Vertical is seeking a Lead Sales Engineer - Data Center. The Lead Sales Engineer - Data Center with be based at the Boothwyn, PA location.
The Lead Sales Engineer’s primary responsibilities include achieving assigned sales quote through the technical marketing and sale of Eaton Data Center Segment products (primarily Uninterruptable Power Supply Systems – single and three phase and associated equipment) - to Specifying Consultants, Architects, Design Build Electrical Contractors, and End Users. These products are sold directly and through our distribution channel. The position requires the ability to proactively target projects in the design stage through developing and/or leveraging industry relationships in an effort to position Eaton as a preferred product in specifications and drawings. Must demonstrate and deliver exceptional customer service, technical competencies, and ability to network and within the industry. Focus of this role is solution selling; incumbent must facilitate collaboration/sharing across Eaton to drive growth of the entire Eaton portfolio.
- Effectively represent Eaton Data Center segment products and solutions in the market from a technical and features position
- Provide leadership and guidance, on the application of Eaton Mission Critical products and solutions
- High level of confidence to cold call on call on perceptive end users and customers
- Ability to perform account mapping and planning activities to drive Eaton growth initiatives at target accounts
- Ability to call on all levels of customer organization – engineering, maintenance, and ‘C’ level
- Provide technical product presentations
- Review specifications and provide sales strategies and guidance
- Coordinate customer witness testing requirement with the plant
- Provide in-house product demonstrations for sales prospects
- Provide internal project management as needed in support of projects
- Sales forecasting, budget and quota responsibilities
- Proposal and specification generation
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum five (5) years' of electrical industry sales experience
- Must possess a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- No sponsorship is being offered for this role. All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- This position does not offer relocation, therefore the candidate must currently reside within 50 miles of Boothwyn, PA to be considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering from an accredited institution
- Knowledge of Data Centers, specifically UPS systems, low voltage distribution gear, ATS, transformers, standby Generators, power monitoring and metering
- Electrical systems application and configuration knowledge and experience
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong team player that actively contributes to the group’s success
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in addition to strong organizational skills
- Proven organizational and multi-tasking skills, with the ability to effectively prioritize and balance workload
- Strong computer skills with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and the Internet
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAS North American Sales
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time