Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Application Engineer - Data Center
Eaton’s North America Electrical Sales (NAS) Data Center Vertical is seeking an Application Engineer. The Application Engineer will be based out of our Boothwyn, PA office.
The Application Engineer will promote data center product sales to existing customers and identifies potential new customers. They will develop specifications and proposals, and assess customer needs in order to recommend appropriate products/services. May customize product in order to meet client requirements. Provides technical support to clients after the sale of the product, troubleshoots technical problems. May provide technical training to customers staff, agents, and channel partners. Recommends product improvements to design staff in response to customer feedback. Primary focus will be consulting engineers with some end user involvement.
This position will be responsible for conducting product training and application seminars for Partners, Contractors, Specifiers, Agents, and end customers. Travel required to support, and train new and existing representative personnel.
This role will participate in planning and formulating the segment marketing and sales strategy. Help formulate timely quotations with the support of Inside Sales Engineers to Partners, end customers and other Datacenter Vertical Sales resources with the focused efforts on driving specification preference.
The Application Engineer will assist in coordinating segment communications. Communicate with our Representatives, customers (both internal & external) to answer their technical questions. Drive sales growth objectives at focused segment customers in assigned region.
- Calling on design and consulting firms across the assigned sales territory to assist with technical design and position Eaton related products in a preferred position
- Providing support on major projects including submittals drawings and interfacing with the customer and project consultants
- Working with institutional end users to gain acceptance and promote Eaton products
- Conduct product seminars and training on Eaton products and solutions to: end users, consultants and sales engineers
- Assist customers as needed
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5 years of Datacenter Infrastructure and Power Management sales and/or engineering experience
- Must possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates currently residing within 50 miles of Boothwyn, PA will be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related technical field from an accredited institution
- A Professional Engineer (PE) License
- Experience designing or selling power quality or power distribution solutions for emergency power applications
- Electrical industry engineering, product and market knowledge
- Understanding of selling techniques and Eaton's capabilities, market channels, and technical applications of Eaton products.
- Strong problem solving, and time management skills
- Strong communication, presentation and training skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAS North American Sales
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time