Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Eaton's Electrical Business has an opening for a:
Location: Wadeville, UAE
Eaton’s Electrical Sector is a global leader with expertise in power distribution and circuit protection; backup power protection; control and automation; lighting and security; structural solutions and wiring devices; solutions for harsh and hazardous environments; and engineering services. Eaton is positioned through its global solutions to answer today’s most critical electrical power management challenges.
The Project manager will be required to:
· Further develop the Project Management Function in support of the Companies ambitious growth goals.
· Support the Estimation and Engineering teams to successfully estimate and execute Electrical Engineered Solutions Projects.
· Actively be involved in the business development process as well as estimation process.
· Use modern project management tools and techniques to execute projects related to the engineering, procurement, and construction of predominantly electrical turn-key projects (electrical >60% of scope).
· Deliver projects with a high degree of professionalism and safety, using his/her knowledge of electrical engineering, substation or E-House design, & construction safety.
· Have full responsibility for his/her assigned projects and authority to complete them from inception to scope development, planning, execution, management of people and resources.
· Have the discipline to create clear and achievable cost, quality, and schedule objectives and follow these objectives through to successful completion.
· Effectively manage internal and external stakeholder’s in the projects.
· Negotiate NEC, FIDIC and other contracts with Clients and Suppliers
· Other duties and projects as assigned.
· Further develop the Project Management Function that will support the Estimation and Engineering teams to successfully estimate and execute Electrical Engineered Solutions Projects.
· Partake in business development actions to improve conversion rates on tenders.
· Manages & maintains the commercial contracts between Eaton and its customers.
· Estimates, prepares, submits, and manages change orders between customer and Eaton.
· Manages and communicates the scope of work & responsibilities between Eaton’s customers, Eaton’s employees, & Eaton’s suppliers / sub-contractors.
· Establishes, and manages the contract(s) between Eaton and its vendors & subcontractors.
· Plans, establishes, maintains, and regularly updates a project schedule on assigned projects.
· Manages communication, and distributes documentation between Eaton and its customers
· Monitors, reports, and controls costs on assigned projects within estimated project margin.
· Reports, forecasts, and presents project financial activity to Eaton’s management.
· Prepares, distributes, and follows through with project safety plan.
· Responsible for financial performance of project including: profitability, project revenue, and cash flow.
Bachelor’s Degree or BTech or equivalent in
Engineering from an accredited Institution
Minimum of 10 years of experience with at least 5 years spent in managing electrical projects
Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
Strong knowledge of project Management principles
· Track record of successfully establishing a project management function would be an added advantage.
· Strong computer skills (Microsoft products, AutoCAD, Visio)
· Requires some travel, including overnight, but not more than 25%
· Fluent in English
· French and Portuguese languages would be an added advantage
negotiator and has conducted numerous face-to-face negotiations
What Eaton offers:
· Excellent working environment – safety and ethic is really important for us
· Eaton Business System offering various tools for management and people development
· Great promotional opportunities – Eaton encourages internal promotion, whenever possible
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time