Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Afternoon Shift Team Lead
Reporting to the Facilities Manager, this position is a working Lead Hand responsible for manually and automatically painting produced parts using the powder coating paint system. In addition, this position is responsible to provide daily leadership for the afternoon shift (Paint Line, machine operation and material handling, etc.) in order to meet business needs by meeting quality, productivity, TPM and 5S goals.
• Coordination of manpower requirements on a day-to-day and hour-to-hour basis reviewing daily production, Takt requirements and matching/sharing appropriate staff across departments.
• Act as departmental floater to cover as needed in Paint Line, Fabrication, Material Handling and Assembly as required.
• Report on production issues to applicable parties, e.g., Facilities Manager, Plant Manager.
• Ensure employees work to standard operating procedures, bill of materials, manufacturing information, and instruction from Management or Engineering to established procedures.
• Ensure all painted parts required for production, including parts being supplied to other Eaton facilities are completed.
• checking orders, selecting paint required and other duties as required as per the Labourer SPQ, e.g., hanging parts on the paint line produce specified product according to EQS standards and orders received.
• Maintain a positive commitment to the a Zero Incident Safety Culture.
• Promote a continuous improvement culture through the utilization of LEAN tools. Fostering an environment that identifies potential problems and implements corrective action.
• Maintain equipment and perform housekeeping duties as necessary using the principles of 5S.
• Ensures material is available to meet scheduled demand.
• Complete Non-Conformance Requisitions and follow-up on disposition.
• Ensure proper transactions in Oracle to complete jobs and to support Balance on Hand (BOH) accuracy. Provide assistance to employees with Oracle transactions as required.
• Assist team in achieving plant and department goals.
• Take daily attendance, logging instances of absenteeism and elevating chronic attendance/punctuality issues to Manager/Supervisor for resolution.
• Contribute to development & delivery of dept. APEX performance evaluations; Enforce Eaton/LVDA Policy, and elevate performance issues to Manager/Supervisor for resolution
• Perform other duties as required.
Environmental Health and Safety
A Team Lead must maintain a demonstrated commitment to Milton’s environmental health and safety program. The following is a list of duties that a Team Lead must perform:
• Maintain a positive commitment to the safety of self and others.
• Following applicable company health and safety policies and procedures.
• Maintaining housekeeping standards to an acceptable safe level.
• Identify and report any hazard(s) in the workplace using the Hazard Identification Form.
• Promote and assist in the effective implementation of Safety programs and processes.
• Assist with Workplace inspections.
• Communicate with administrative, plant and supervisory staff as required.
• Perform overtime as necessary in accordance with both company policy and legislative requirements.
• Comply with Eaton’s Ethical and Harassment Policies.
• Provide and/or participate in training as required.
• Comply with company rules, regulations and policies as stated in the Employee Guidebook.
• Act as team player and participate in department and/or plant committees.
• Report any deficiencies in systems, facilities, machinery, equipment and/or tools. Record and/or report product damage/nonconformities.
• Comply with Eaton Quality System policies and procedures.
• Participate and contribute to continuous improvement (Eaton Lean System).
• Comply with ISO 9001 policies and procedures.
• Support Lean manufacturing at a departmental level through the use of lean tools and philosophies.
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm
• High School Diploma from an accredited institution
• Minimum of 2 years of Supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Minimum of 1 year of experience in a fabrication environment or custom manufacturing environment.
• Relocation is not being offered for this position. Only candidates residing within an 80 km radius of Milton, ON will be considered.
• Must be legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship.
• Post-secondary education/training in business/manufacturing/engineering/– or equivalent work experience.
• Experience in a fabrication/assembly environment preferred
• Experience in Lean Manufacturing implementation and continuous improvement techniques
• 5 years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
• Powder coat paint experience
• Forklift license
• First aid certification
Knowledge / Skills:
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Problem solving abilities.
• Manufacturing & Quality Control processes/procedures
• Engineering drawing and BOM interpretation
• Leadership skills
• Effective meeting facilitation skills
• Understanding of safety requirements
• Team player
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No