Head of Sales Germany - Electrical Wholesalers Channel (EWS) (m/f)
Eaton's Electrical Division has an important opening for a
Head of Sales Germany- Electrical Wholesalers Channel (EWS) (m/f)
Location: Bonn HQ, alternatively Home Office
The position has responsibility for leading a 2 level sales organization structured in 5 regions for coaching, directing and training sales professionals in their respective assignments to succeed at managing and developing the customer base, utilizing sales resources, driving products and the channels to market in order to achieve market share gains, throughout Germany. The incumbent is responsible for defining target projects, capital expenditures and identifying prime opportunities at key accounts in the target market segments.
- Responsible for directing all sales activities in the assigned Sales Channels to achieve performance goals in accordance with marketing and sales plans.
- Build close relationships with key customers, partners and distributors to enhance sales volume and customer service.
- Responsible for planning and managing the sales resources to assure that adequate coverage is applied to accounts.
- Understand major competitors’ tactics, organization, distribution strategy, and pricing while keeping management informed of trends and changes.
- Understand the products and their competitive position in Germany.
- Develop channel sales strategy derived from country sales strategy, planning sales initiatives and activities including resource needs. Assure that strategic and country operation plans, major product launches, and key programs are properly planned, executed and managed.
- Identify, analyze, select and continuously improve various channels to market.
- Recruit, hire, train, develop and continuously improve organizational capabilities of assigned personnel.
- Bachelor's degree/diploma in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent), Master's degree preferred
- Proven experience and competencies in developing direct reports & others and building effective teams
- Extended product and market knowledge
- Established customer relationships within the market area
- Time management, presentation/training skills, planning skills
- Proven track record in value added selling
- Team builder with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluent in German and English
- Willingness to travel on a regular basis
What Eaton offers:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Permanent contract in fast growing global company
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Great promotional opportunities – Eaton encourages internal promotion, whenever possible
- Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Sales EMEA
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time