Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
- Work with buyers and planners to identify parts and materials that need to be expedited
- Travel to suppliers within the LA area to ensure production and delivery schedules are being met
- Coordinate the return and replacement of defective materials to the supplier and expedite material back into the manufacturing process
- Provides daily written and oral reports on the status of parts
- Proactively identifies and reports potential problems which will result in not meeting deadlines or which may result in potential quality problems
- Performs clerical duties necessary to maintain purchasing files
- Assists buyers and performs all other duties as assigned by the Purchasing Manager
High School diploma from an accredited institution
Minimum of 3 years of experience working in supply chain
Access to and use of personal vehicle to visit local suppliers within 50 mile radius of Los Angeles plant campus (mileage to be reimbursed at approved IRS rates)
No relocation assistance is being provided for this position. Only candidates who currently reside within a 50 mile radius of Los Angeles, CA will be considered.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Experience with MRP systems and Program Management
- Understanding of how to read engineering drawings highly desired
- Understanding of machining processes and machining experience highly desired
- Change management skills
- Strong ethics and values and the ability to influence others’ decision making
- Ability to manage multiple projects/activities; results driven
- Process oriented and ability to contribute to continuous improvement
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead change in a team environment
- Ability to build effective teams; creative thinker
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and make effective decisions
- Ability to think strategically and influence others’ decision making
- Knowledge of or ability to quickly learn hydraulics products and processes
- Ability to quickly analyze, identify and implement opportunities and corporate initiatives for improvement that have measurable dollar impact each year
- Customer oriented
- Detail oriented
- Collaborative style and ability to work cross functionally.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time