Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Military Aftermarket Sales Manager - Air Force
Eaton’s Aftermarket Group has an opening for a Military Aftermarket Sales Manager. This person will be accountable for growing aftermarket sales through U.S. Air Force customers and meeting the annual orders and sales targets for both the Fuel & Motion Control (FMC) and Fluid & Electrical Distribution (FED) divisions. This role is responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with key decision makers for assigned accounts within Purchasing, Logistics, Program Management and Technical functions at all levels of DOD, including weapon system sustainment centers, program offices, Defense Logistics Agency, and operational units. This position will provide the support for sales of existing Eaton products, identify and introduce new/upgraded products and systems and manage platform life cycle management to grow Eaton aftermarket business. The Military Aftermarket Sales Manager will work with the site Product Sales Managers, Military Aftermarket OEM Account Managers and Distribution partners to increase business through direct, OEM and distribution channels. The Military Aftermarket Sales Manager will coordinate and advise of opportunities of domestically produced/manufactured Department of Defense platforms at the DOD managed Depots and co-located Foreign Military Program Offices.
- Responsible for interfacing and developing relationships with Purchasing, Logistics, Program Management, and Technical functions at assigned military accounts to ensure Eaton meets their present and future needs.
- Monitors key customer buying indicators including MRO budgets and future weapon system upgrade plans to identify new business opportunities.
- Coordinates with Engineering, Customer Service and other departments to ensure resources are aligned with aftermarket requirements and growth goals
- Manages the new opportunity pipeline in ensure a high quality portfolio of opportunities is available to Eaton Aerospace within the assigned military accounts
- Achieves annual order and sales targets for assigned customers
- Provides accurate and timely market and competitive intelligence, including pricing and competitive standing, for momentum and new business capture
- Supports SIOP process by providing regular input on future customer demand, purchase order timing, and adjustments to rolling forecast.
- Assure reliability of customer sales tool; accurate data results in sound business decisions. Analyze sales and order data for assigned customers, report and provide commentary on results versus plan, develop action plans to exceed plan.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- 7 years professional aerospace or military experience
- Minimum 2 years in a customer support or sales/marketing role
- Prior experience selling directly to U.S. Air Force or other DOD branch
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder')
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Oklahoma City, OK will be considered for this role.
- Prior experience in military aircraft operations, maintenance and logistics
- Practical understanding of accounting and finance terms, principles and how they are applied
- Knowledge of U.S. Government procurement and contracting processes and regulations
- Knowledge of fundamental marketing concepts and strategies
- Knowledge of the aerospace market, Eaton’s products, customers and competitors
- Leadership skills
- Knowledge of problem solving tools (i.e. Six Sigma, 8D, Kaizen)
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written
- Organization and planning skills
- Strong teaming and team problem solving skills
- MBA preferred
- Consistently acts in an ethical, open, honest, trustworthy and truthful manner.
- Self-motivated and goal oriented individual.
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to manage customers in multiple locations.
- Negotiate with all levels of management at customers and within Eaton.
- Travel up to 50% at times
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER Aerospace Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time