Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
SCM Materials Planner
- Planning, scheduling, and purchasing an adequate supply of materials required for the completion of customer requirements. Coordinating all supplier-related planning, scheduling and purchase order actions with other production lines and maintain delivery schedules.
- Maximizing the value of each purchase consistent with company order policies and procedures to achieve a balance between function, productivity, quality, delivery, cost and inventory management.
- Reviewing and interpreting various reports to determine requirements based on material availability, inventory levels, and lead times.
- Placing orders for material in a timely manner. Initiating appropriate action to advance, delay or cancel previously scheduled materials and strive to control inventory levels while supporting customer requirements. Researching alternatives when schedule changes or delays are identified.
- Assuring fulfillment of contract terms as to delivery, quality, price, quantity, routing and other standard or special terms.
- Notifying suppliers regarding print specification, delivery and other required changes.
- Maintaining accurate material master data
- Promoting good communications between all functional areas and Eaton's supply base engaging and partnering with Buyers, New Product Introduction SCM and Eaton Shared Services as necessary.
- Arranging for the disposal of surplus materials as required.
- Resolving supplier invoice matching issues as required to pay supplier invoices per Eaton Policy and contract terms
- Actively participating in process improvement and creation/adherence to standard work. Participate in process improvement events such as Continuous Improvement Framework, Kaizens and workshops in order to improve processes and reduce waste.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in materials planning or procurement in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with SAP or other Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation is being offered for this position. Only candidates residing within a 50 mile radius of the Youngsville, NC facility will be considered.
- Master’s Degree in Business or Supply Chain from an accredited institution
- SAP Purchasing and Planning Experience
- APICS, CPIM or CPSM certification
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications including intermediate to advance skills in Excel
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of MRP/Material Planning Systems
- Ability to work in a matrixed organization with a focus on collaboration
- Ability to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a growth oriented and fast paced work environment
- Results oriented with excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to interface with all organizational levels
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD OPS Operations
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time