Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Procurement Manager (m/f)
Eatons Electrical Sector EMEA,Power Distribution Division has an opening for a
Procurement Manager (m/f)
Location: Hengelo, The Netherlands
The Hengelo location has 3 main focus areas, center of excellence for medium voltage systems, high end low voltage systems and services.
These products and services are for a wide variety of customers and segments within EMEA.
- Developing & executing the local sourcing strategies that deliver a competitive advantage driving the strategic supplier initiatives.
- Initiate, lead cost reduction projects to drive Cost Outs for both direct and indirect material
- Identify suppliers to meet the commodity requirements in terms of cost, quality and delivery for both direct and indirect material
- Supplier evaluation & capability assessment, supplier consolidation & risk management & design sourcing model to ensure sourcing optimization and overall supplier performance
- Negotiate & finalize commercial relationships through supply agreements for total cost of ownership for each product
- Identify process change, VA/VE with support of Eng/Design for Material Cost reductions and also develop data for should cost or zero based costing
- Maintain global and regional communication for leveraging supplier cost competitiveness and global sourcing opportunities
- Supplier capacity mapping & develop supply base to support business volumes
- Make or Buy decision through Strategic Core/Non-core analysis
- Monitor commodity market and develop neutralizing strategies closely working with regional commodity managers
- Responsible for lean implementation within Supply Chain Function and improve existing processes
- Develop solid relationship with strategic suppliers and responsible executing supplier contracts and long term agreements
- Lead a team of 3-4 buyers
- Manages the sampling and product approval process for the project.
- Bachelor’s in Mechanical /Production/Industrial/Electrical Engineering preferably with MBA
- 8 - 10 years of experience in sourcing, supplier development & procurement in Engineering. Company preferably in Electrical Industry or project business.
- Sound technical knowledge of castings, forgings and machined parts
- Through understanding of manufacturing processes such as Castings, CNC machining, Multi-Spindle machining, etc.
- 3-4 year of hands-on experience on Product costing, formulating and negotiating commercial contracts
- Must demonstrate financial acumen, strategic ability, strong business acumen, and strong change leadership capabilities.
- Six Sigma Greenbelt preferred
- A fluent and highly articulate communicator with excellent interpersonal and influencing skills Project Management & experience of Capital equipment’s.
- Cross Functions Team Working Skills due to Matrix Organization reporting
What Eaton offers:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Permanent contract in fast growing global company
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Great promotional opportunities – Eaton encourages internal promotion, whenever possible
- Excellent working environment – safety and ethic is really important for us
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: ESSD Electrical Solutions and Services Div EMEA
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time