Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Regional Technical Support Manager
This role will require a deep working knowledge of Eaton’s Aerospace products, applications and systems including how they operate, repaired, and overhauled with the ability to troubleshoot at a component or systems level. This is a customer facing role and will require the role holder to be able to assist with the selection of Eaton products at a SFE level, provide technical support throughout the life of the product and support customers with problem solving leading to corrective action and customer satisfaction. Key responsibilities include:
- Meet Aftermarket goals, activities and strategies in accordance with the Aftermarket strategic plan.
- Meet performance plans and targets and take corrective action as required to meet these goals.
- Execute long term strategic plan for the aftermarket in assigned Regions.
- Conduct necessary follow-up both internally and with the customer to ensure customer satisfaction and to effect product/application improvements.
- Active role in identifying, developing and supporting RMU activity in the region.
- Recommend appropriate design, manufacturing, application, or installation modifications as indicated by findings. Compile test, performance, and other applicable data to support recommendations.
- Write detailed technical service reports.
- Instruct/train customer personnel on operation, function, repair and preventative maintenance of equipment and systems. Participate with customer in meetings to discuss and advise on service issues.
- Manage customer relations whilst continuously improving Eaton’s reputation. This includes managing expectations and not “over-committing” to the customer.
- Knowledge holder within the APAC region for Eaton products and systems, their design and performance characteristics, and how they are used in customer applications/systems
- Technical support to regional APAC Sales Managers .
- Serve up customer problems/issues as potential sales opportunities for the sales organization to address (upgrade, retrofit, replacement refurbishment, new products, etc.)
- Single point for technical contact between the customers and product families (will be held accountable for timely feedback to the customer)
- Conduct regular Technical Coordination Meeting’s (TCM) on a quarterly basis with the customer.
- Approve Repair Centre Audits and provide ongoing support
- Maintain customer scorecard (stop light chart) on a monthly basis to improve and provide high level of communication.
- Function as company spokesperson at tradeshows, customer visits and media events
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in engineering curriculum.
- Technical aptitude, analytical ability, seasoned knowledge of aircraft systems and customer needs/ requirements.
- Essential: In-depth knowledge of the aerospace market and specifically the aftermarket business and the influences that affect this business segment.
- Desired: Experience working for an Airline in a technical support capacity.
- Minimum 5+ years of field service operational knowledge with airline industry
- Strong relationship building skills in a culturally diverse environment.
- Proven ability to multi-task and handle several high priorities project concurrently while meeting tight deadlines.
- High level of motivation (self-starter)
- Results oriented, with excellent leadership and influence skills and proven ability to manage cross-functional teams in a matrix organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including technical.
- Ability to interact positively and effectively with personalities at the operational Product Family business level, senior Eaton management and customers at all levels
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: AER HQ SLS
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time