Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Manage Purchase Price Variance (PPV) strategically by developing mitigation plans and strategies to provide a positive impact to overall results.
Initiates quoting activity, evaluates supplier proposals, and negotiates price and delivery based on total cost of ownership and ensuring strategic alignment with corporate and local goals and objectives.
Lead commercial negotiations with suppliers seeking mutually beneficial long term relationships.
Participate in cross-functional teams chartered with improving supplier performance and executing corrective actions, and drive continuous improvement through the supply base.
Works with the planning function to determine quantity and delivery requirements - communicates these requirements regularly and frequently to the supplier base and adjusts system delivery dates accordingly.
Lead by example in the tasks required to meet departmental requirements. Assist in the training and development of personnel within the department.
Acts as a conduit between suppliers and Eaton personnel to resolve quality and / or technical issues as they arise.
Lead supplier management and development activities driving continuous improvement in Eaton’s metrics and APEX goals.
Researches new sources of supply and performs tactical Supply Chain assessments of these sources, including the development of supplier selection criteria. Facilitate the implementation of goals and objectives between Corporate commodity management and the facility SCM team.
Leverage relationships to hold suppliers accountable to perform to Eaton’s expectations on delivery, quality and overall cost.
Maintains all records and correspondence relative to quotations, purchase orders, contracts, and agreements.
Proactively resolve supplier A/P issues.
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years Supply Chain experience
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- No relocation will be offered for this position. Only candidates who reside within a 50 mile radius of the Euclid, OH facility will be considered for this position
- No Sponsorship-Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship.
- Bachelors degree in Supply Chain, Operations, Business or Technical discipline
- Aerospace Industry Experience OR Manufacturing Environment
- APICS and / or CPM certification preferred
- Strong negotiation, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills including a comprehensive understanding of business principles
- Ability to interface at all levels. Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Strong computer/technical, organizational, and blueprint reading skills.
- Possessing the following leadership characteristics: handling ambiguity; flexibility; integrity; leading change; learning agility; strategic agility; and vision
- Thorough understanding of negotiation techniques and tactics
- Thorough knowledge of the commodity and sub-commodity marketplace, including in Low Cost Regions
- Knowledge of institutional problem solving tools/processes such as cycle time reduction and process improvement tools: Six Sigma DMAIC methodology, Kaizen, DOE, Pareto Charts, Statistical process control, Process mapping, Tree diagrams, Root cause analysis, Analytical software programs
- Capable to Develop Value Stream Maps and Business Case Analyses
- Demonstrated success in materials, purchasing, or customer support activities
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time