Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Manufacturing Engineer (m/f)
Eaton's Electrical Division - PDD Hengelo location has an opening for an:
Manufacturing Engineer (m/f)
Location: Hengelo, The Netherlands
- Control of production methods and related tooling, training and interaction with logistics of the Hengelo production lines and give advice and initiate direction to maintain the production facilities efficient and competitive.
- Lead the implementation of new product designs into the manufacturing environment, including manufacturing documentation (PFMEA, Control plan, Work instructions), routing, tooling and training for any new or significantly changed LV and MV Assemblies.
- Partner with Global Product Line Managers, Operational Management and Program Managers to insure alignment of objectives, targets, and goals in respect of the involved production lines.
- Work with Program Managers, R&D, engineering, operation teams to insure timely and consistent operations start-up of new product offerings.
- Establish metrics for performance evaluation. Monitor scope, time, budget and take necessary corrective action in order to meet set targets of various disciplines.
- Coordinate with Local Management at sites of various disciplines (Quality, SCM, COE, Manufacturing, OPEX) to assure that production and industrialization goals are met.
- Participation as a full team member of new product development team after ProLaunch Gate 0 is completed and therefore responsible for reviewing the design upon manufacturability and giving feedback to the Design team.
- Responsible for accurate and timely implementation of small product updates or changes that involve changes to manufacturing processes at the site.
- Responsible for creating business cases for replacement or new manufacturing tools or equipment and support the CAPEX process to get these BC approved and implemented, in close cooperation with operation teams.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Manufacturing Engineering
- Experience in Manufacturing environment in global operating company management role
- Experience in a matrix organization environment and Project/Program Management Methodologies
- Experience of supplier set up and negotiations
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing and Just in Time principles, Six Sigma (preferred)
- Budget and CAPEX development and control
- Experience in managing projects of a diverse team
- Knowledge of ERP systems
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, welding, bending punching etc.
- Knowledge of time studies, Pfmea’s and control plans
- Good command of English and Dutch
What Eaton offers:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Permanent contract in fast growing global company
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Great promotional opportunities – Eaton encourages internal promotion, whenever possible
- Excellent working environment – safety and ethic is really important for us
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: ESSD Electrical Solutions and Services Div EMEA
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No