Sr. Product Engineer, Aerospace
Provide technical expertise for design and analysis of competitive fuel and Hydraulic system solutions. Manage system and component level requirements, and provide problem resolution to all internal departments, suppliers, and customers as it relates to the program. Support the new business capture process when working on key platform opportunities. Take lead on engineering project to manage customer expectation and requirement. Major responsibilities include:
- Support the new business capture process and coordinate all technical discussion with internal and external customer with effective communication and influence, prepare documentation for system requirement, participating in system architecture definition and technical specification review and validation for agreement with customer.
- Technically present the Eaton Value Proposition to the customer supporting that the capture team secures maximum value for Eaton on awarded programs.
- Coordinate closely with the Product Family technical community and utilize strong product line knowledge when interfacing the customer, manage customer requirement and expectation effectively.
- Work with the design engineer to breakdown the system level requirement to product level and prepare the documentation.
- Work as the technical customer Interface on local new program, communicate and clarify with customer and design team for all technical issues.
- Overall project management for engineering perspective, cooperate with program manager.
- Support new product development in providing solutions to product structure and installation problems. Analyze problems and identify design solutions as applicable.
- Maintains configuration control of purchased items and supports integration of related system requirements and interfaces.
- Performs analysis and tests on fuel or hydraulic system configuration and components to validate the performance of the system.
- Generates supporting systems data, and presents, at internal and customer design reviews.
- MSEE and three (3) to five (5) year’s experience, or BSEE and at least 5 to 10 years’ experience in aviation industry as plus
- Experience in system engineering, familiar with aircraft fuel system or hydraulic system as plus
- Experience in working as customer interface, know how to manage the communication between local customer and oversea program team and influence customer expectation effectively; customer experience with COMAC and AVIC is a plus
- Strong communication skill;
- Proficiency in the English language. Experience in CATIA; ProE is a plus.
- Experience with DOORs is a plus.
- Experience with DO-160G is a plus.
- Experience with DFMA, and DFSS is a plus
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: AER HQ SLS
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time