Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Driving strategic direction of the business and ensuring achievement of operating and production objectives consistent with Eaton’s Policies. Plan, organize, direct and control all activities and functions of the human resources department and support other departments in this perspective. Participates as a key member of plant manager’s staff in all critical decisions impacting facility
- Fosters and promotes positive employee relations, which contribute to the attainment of the divisions’ strategic and
profit plans, while working within the principles of the Eaton philosophy.
- Recruits and selects qualified individuals for administrative, technical, professional, and managerial positions for the Plant
according with the Assessment and Selection Strategy.
- Negotiates salaries with all new hires and oversees the administration of the merit budget
- Negotiates the union collective contract in compliance with Mexico’s labor law.
- Evaluates and implements wage and salary programs to ensure competitiveness within the area and a compensation
program that rewards high performance.
- Coordinates and manages the entire salaried pay for performance system, including performance appraisals.
- Implements the corporate performance management process (APEX), which assesses past performance and aids in
establishing goals & objectives that are tied to the business. Ensures fairness, consistency, and adequacy of reviews.
- Works with legal resources to ensure that all human resources policies and procedures are in compliance with applicable
laws for Mexico.
- Manages the training and organizational development functions for the Plant.
- Leads Plant succession planning process together with the Plant Manager
- Support and/or participate on Continuous Improvement Activities such as: Kaizen, Ideas Programs, cost out and/or
demonstrate improvements in goals year over year in our processes or practices aligned to achieve or business goals
- Four-year college degree and 7 years’ experience in HR
- Managerial experience
- Working knowledge of Mexican and US labor law.
- Working knowledge of HR practices such as Performance Management,
- Succesion Planning.
- Workforce planning
- Experienced in managing compensation and benefits programs.
- Experienced in union relations and negotiating contracts.
- Project management skills.
- Bilingual English/Spanish.
- Excellent oral and written communications and presentation skills.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD TAM
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time