Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Production Supervisor, 2nd Shift
- Ensure that production demands are met by all departments and that coordinators understand their roles in the upkeep of order fulfillment.
- Optimize the functions of one’s department to effectively meet customer needs while minimizing costs.
- Maintain daily statistics on customer demand, production, and overdue orders.
- Communicate production metrics to management and other functional supervisors and maintain active communications between all levels of plant personnel.
- Serve as a central point of contact for management in regards to production issues in one’s functional area.
- Promote a Zero Incident Safety Culture enforcing safety standards that include housekeeping objectives, following all safety rules and procedures including PPE standards and buddy checks, and addressing unsafe conditions.
- Understand and meet all department safety goals.
- Ensure that department work areas are kept clean, organized, and orderly per 5S standards.
- Champion continuous improvement efforts throughout the facility
- Lead in the coaching, counseling, and disciplinary activities surrounding one’s employees while simultaneously administering and maintaining Eaton Corporation policies and plant policies.
- Explain the necessities of new policies, technologies, and processes as they are implemented.
- Evaluate workload requirements to ensure proper and adequate manning to support production requirements.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities accordingly as governed by customer demand.
- Investigate and solve quality issues and/or serve as a point of contact through which quality issues can be resolved.
- Ensure that employees know the importance of quality and enforce follow through.
- Work with quality control team to resolve issues and regularly review quality trends in the market.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum 1 year of Manufacturing or Operations experience required
- Minimum 1 year of leadership experience managing people or project teams.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- 2+ years of experience in Manufacturing or Operations
- Three years of leadership experience
- Lean manufacturing / Operational Excellence skills in 5S+, Value Stream Mapping, Standard Work, Visual Management, etc.
- Demonstrated effective communication and leadership skills
- Process focused
- Problem solving skills (e.g. 8-D or A3)
- Intrinsically motivated, champion of change, visionary
- Life-long learner; promotes a learning culture
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time